Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Rota

We spend hours each week doing the the staff rota for the following week

We try and be flexible so that the staff dont have to have fixed hours but it is becoming such a waste of valuable time week after week.

We have 5 full and 6 part time we are a full day care nursery 8-6 Does anyone have a rota I could look at please?

thanks

or, if you need to change it, why not do it a month at a time, or, say a fortnightly rotation, one week particular staff are on early's, the second week lates?? and then stick to that.............if they need to swap a shift they can arrange it between themselves, as long as they mark it on the rota?

Have to say when I was in full day-care all staff had set hours... this enabled parents to always see regular faces... the only ones that changed were myself and my deputy we would alternate early/lates. Staff were able to 'interchange' with each other if and when possible..but always with prior agreement.

xxx

Thought I had a copy on the computer to download for you but can't seem to find it!!! I do ours for the whole term and everyone gets to have a go at everything...will have a proper look and if I have any luck will attach.

The areas that are covered on the rota are...snackbar, register, doors, outside, adult led.

I agree! The staff work 37 1/2 7 1/2 a day we are open 8-6 I have tried one week early one week lates, 4 days on and one day off. The staff moaned as their day off wasnt on a monday or friday so I changed it so that no staff had a monday or friday off, We never seemed to have the correct staff at 8 or 6, the staff then suggested flexible hours which seemed to suit us as we could do on a friday the week before and we had staff when we needed them , but as i said earlier its now become a headache my PROBLEM is that i try and please everyone, will I ever learn!?`

Thanks for all your replys

sharon

when I worked in a day nursery we had one week on earlies the next on lates. Staff divided into two teams so the same staff worked the same shifts each week. Parents were happy with this and so were the staff.

My last nursery was open 8 to 6, and used to do the rota monthly, and vary staff's early and late shifts. It used to take ages to do, but was then done for the month.

My new nursery is open 6.45 to 6.30 and I have almost 30 staff, so I have to do the rota weekly. It pretty much takes up a day.

I would have a go at doing it monthly if you can.

Hi

Our rota stays the same all the time.

we have a week one and week two on friday so that staff can have one week of early shifts and one week of late shifts....

works for us.... i couldn't imagine having to do staff shifts week by week. The poor staff wouldn't be able to plan anything if they didn't know there shifts in advance and i would hate to spend the time each week doing a rota.

Dawn

• 6 years later...

Hi

I hope someone can help.

We are open 7.30 am to 6.30 pm, we have 12 babies that are in every day, early to late. How would I manage my shift patterns. We have four full time members of staff in the baby room, and they work 5 days a week on a shift pattern, but it's a struggle to cover the early mornings and late evenings.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• 3 years later...