Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Shopwing Value Added In Nursery

Hello first time leaving an enquiry but i'm sure someone can help. Have recently been promoted to Foundation Co-Ord and moved to nursery from reception. We are beginning to introduce the new EYFS and also take on board observational planning, encouraging independent learning. Problem is SMT they want stats and % of value added,( previous teacher used ASPECTS- but i don't find them useful at all and SMT have agreed to let that go but at a cost) have looked at so many posts but don't seem to find an answer that would satisfy the head- any ideas/discussions welcome.

Hi

Sounds just like my SMT. Did tell the head that he needs to look at the children's profiles and then he would see progress but he did'nt understand them at all. So I now do a table to show where each child is (yellow,blue or green) in each area and the sub-catergories within each area. i then work out the % for boys, girls and the children as a whole. This had to be done in July for the head to show the LEA. I have been asked to continue doing this as it is quite a good indication of what areas need to be looked at, so i have done it for September and then I will do it again in March for my interim Perfomance management and then again in JUly. Hope its not sounding too complicated.

Thanks everyone for your help. will ask around at my local schools to get their methods and will post them on.

It's just reassuring, knowng that others are going through these same issues