Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Healthy Eating/lifestyles Accreditation Schemes

Guest Wolfie

Does anyone know about any national Healthy Eating/Lifestyles accreditation schemes that pre-school settings can work towards? I know about the Healthy Schools initiative but haven't come across anything for PVI providers, Children's Centres, etc........has anyone else? :o

No-one knows of anything then? For some reason I thought the PLA did something that just targetted food and eating? I saw some jobs advertised for workers to visit toddler groups to promote it but can't find any information!

The Smiling for Life campaign targets nurseries, pre-schools and toddler groups and encourages them to provide healthy drinks and snacks. You need to send in a policy and evidence of what you provide then get a certificate to display :o

• 6 months later...

in colchester we have a snack attack award. its so easy and rewarding we recieved ours today! let me know if your in essex and i will post info.

in colchester we have a snack attack award. its so easy and rewarding we recieved ours today! let me know if your in essex and i will post info.

I'm from Essex and would be interested in the info please laura!! :o

Guest Stalbans

Hi I'm also in Essex and would love to know more thanks :o

In our authority we have something called HEY (Healthy Early Years Award)

(im not too familiar with it so dont know if it across other authorities also)

It covers healthy eating, physical activity and I think its accredited by the PCT etc

Paula

We have an initiative in Worcestershire to promote healthy eating in preschools. Not sure what it's called but it is similar to what they have in schools and it is an accredited award. Only found out about it yesterday as I have been delegated responsibility for it in my setting - I knew I shouldn't have had the day off! Will let you know when I find out more.

Sally

• 2 months later...
We have an initiative in Worcestershire to promote healthy eating in preschools. Not sure what it's called but it is similar to what they have in schools and it is an accredited award. Only found out about it yesterday as I have been delegated responsibility for it in my setting - I knew I shouldn't have had the day off! Will let you know when I find out more.

Sally

Anymore news on this Sally?

I am in Worcestershire!

Hi,

I'm in Worcestershire and have been a 'validator' (posh word for assessor) for this scheme, I'm hopefully going back to it when I've finished my stint of maternity cover as manager...anyway... It's a brilliant award and very straight forward. The settings that I've been to all say that they have benefitted from doing it. Give me a shout if you want more info, or if you are interested i can give you the details of who you need to contact. Oh and apparently its free at the moment!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm in Worcestershire and have been a 'validator' (posh word for assessor) for this scheme, I'm hopefully going back to it when I've finished my stint of maternity cover as manager...anyway... It's a brilliant award and very straight forward. The settings that I've been to all say that they have benefitted from doing it. Give me a shout if you want more info, or if you are interested i can give you the details of who you need to contact. Oh and apparently its free at the moment!

Hi, i'm in worcestershire also and would be very interested in finding out more info about this. :o

Guest Stalbans

Hi, Emm

I would really like to know more about this scheme can you send me some details let me know the best way! Still get confused about how to do things on here!

Many many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, we have just taken part in a pilot scheme called Healthy Early Years Setting Status. It is based on the Healthy Schools status.

There are 4 core themes, Personal, Social and Health Education, Healthy Eating, Physical Activity and Emotional Health & Well-being (including bullying).

There is an audit to complete which is similar to Quality Standards. Most of which we are already doing.

We were assessed the other week and pleased to hear we'd passed.

I'm based in Wigan by the way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)