Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Building Learning Power

We took on BLP as a school last year, one r at a time and in FS used elements of it! We have 'Percy' who is a tortoise that perseveres at things and all the children come and tell us when they or their friends have persevered at something, they get certificates too! We also had a big push on resourcing and independence with staff ensuring resources are well labelled accessible etc (a lot of which you are probably already doing in an EY classroom)

It is basically giving children the skills they need to be learners and the tools to learn. There are parts that work well for FS but a lot was geared at older children, esp KS2.

Good luck!

There is an article on this in my union's latest magazine I think. Pretty sure I saw it when I flicked through at lunchtime, although it's still at work so can't check.

Yes it is in ATL magazine. Try www.buildinglearningpower.co.uk. We have been doing something similar in our school for the last four years or so, as part of university research.

marion can you give me any ideas of where to start how do you introduce it to your children? we have just been told about the changes Guy Claxton has made to his work looking at 8 key ideas not 16. i would be really greatful as would our school for any help you can offer us so we can plan how we can impliment it in foundation

thank you catherine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)