Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sympathy Require-ofsted Coming This Week

We got the news this morning Ofsted due Thurday and Friday. :o Feeling a bit stunned really.Been through 2 before but this is a new school and nursery unit and there feels so many more things that we need to achieve.

hugs for you, you will be fine keep calm and deep breath and try and enjoy sharing all the wonderful things your children do. x In my interview i kept saying ohh, we doing this this and that, in end the Ofsted lady said stop i believe you know what you doing and if you disagree with something turn it back on them.... in one Ofsted as senco i got told that the children weren't making enough progress, i turned it around and said oh what evidence do you have for that, i then told them what i thought and it turned out tthat they wrote that the SEN provision was excellent

bet you don't have chance to read this but I do wish you and your school well.

We got the news this morning Ofsted due Thurday and Friday. :o Feeling a bit stunned really.Been through 2 before but this is a new school and nursery unit and there feels so many more things that we need to achieve.

I'm sure you'll be fine biccy - I'll be thinking of you! Incidentally our village primary is being Ofstedded this week - at least its before you get too stuck in to Christmas!

Maz

Guest toddleo

all the very best and good luck to you, goodness, it is so scary isn't it!! I wonder how many Ofsted inspectors are members of this forum and laugh at our fears!

I too would love to know the date of arrival, as a pre-school they just arrive - Yikes!! mind you, maybe that is less of a stress than knowing the actual timing?!!

Best of luck..keep us posted

Ofsted arrived last week for us, i was glad as soon we will be having Christmas hype set in! I was feeling poorly and had done so for a couple of days this combined with the inspection lead to me feeling faint and the room spinning! It is now a week after the event and i'm a lot better. We all know that what we do is good and hopefully no provider has any thing to hide but the thought of it makes us jumpy! I tried to look at in a postive light...... who else wants to look through all of your paper work that you spends hours pondering over, who else wants to dig into the back of your cupboards to find equpiment listed, who else wants to inspect the loos, read the entire notice board, go through all 101 policies & procedures with a fine toothed brush! All said and done it is draining but there is always the pub to make things a little bit better!

Best of luck :o

Yes we are still waiting too! but don't worry just do what you can and don't forget make sure you tell what you also plan to change so that they know you are aware etc! be one step ahead of them and thinking of you let us know how it goes...

Good luck

Good luck with the inspection.

We had ours the week before half term - not knowing when they are coming is the worst - when they are there, you can feel the stress falling away a bit------and then when they've gone ----IT'S GREAT !!!! :oxD

At least we had a stress free half term and we can look forward to the Christmas activities without thinking.... "Will they come today?". You will all be able to enjoy a more relaxed lead up to Christmas.

Good luck to you and your team.

Sue J

Love lesleys attitude xD , also you know where you want to improve which is the most important step I think, rather than being blinded to it. :o

Best wishes, It will soon be over, enjoy the next 4 years Ofsted free. :(

Peggy

We filled in our SEF highlighted areas we were addressing or had identified as needing addressing. We got a GOOD. I'm sure inspectors get a feel for the place so try not to worry, be yourself.

Good luck. It's great when it's over.

Thankyou all I'm sure it will be ok but will be happier when its over.Head is hoping for a satisfactory being a new school :o

I'd like to thank who ever posted the Rama and Sita story but not got time to search back through.We've made diva lamps today and watched it on our interactive plasma screen so the kids are well prepared for the asian sweetmeats for snack thursday and its made a lovely display.We've printed it out and spiral bound the story for the display.

The planning has fallen good this week so thursday the tuff spot is out with autumn/british wild life and friday we are doing the dark cave under the activity table I mention in a previous thread with torches and I've got some glow in the dark animals.

Bright spot-We had to give out ofsted information/parental questionaire for the children to take home.One little boy asked "is it the Gingerbread man?" and proceed to 'read' the stapled pages "....and the cow chased the gingerbread man"-no brain washing there then.

I'm sure everything will be ok. At least you get a warning! We didn't and SHE arrived yesterday morning.

I was supposed to be on a course and wasn't in.

Also the day before our link teacher had been talking about Ofsted and a few things had cropped up so I had taken everything home (SEF, risk assessment, policies etc.) and had spread it all over the study floor!

School was manic and she insisted on ofsteding preschool as stand alone and we don't! We work together with the reception class.

I don't want to frighten you, but I have been through 3 good ofsteds before and felt a little concerned (as you do) this time I don't think I stopped shaking the whole day, how silly is that! I just wish there was a fairer playing field between maintained nurseries and voluntary settings

does it make it worse knowing they are coming?!

Yes!

My first ofsted we had a years notice and it happened the last week before summer xD

2nd-6 weeks notice happened week before christmas :(

This one 3 days notice.We are happy with what was already planned just wish there was more evidence in learning story books.All 60 children have 2/3 detailed observations plus spot ones but there's not much evidence except photo's as we are still at the 'this ones for grandad....I WANT to take it home" phase.I'm happy with basic provision and the displays are well balance to show areas of ELG.I think the out provision is an issue.Being new build and the building round its 'sterile' with supervision issues.The forecast is not good-rain is fine we go out in that but we are north facing and very exposed and they have forcast 50-60 mile an hour winds :o .

We got the pre-inspection issues at 4pm

It's probably a very simple question but what is PDWB?

"...including raising A&S and promoting PDWB"

Well it's over with. xD

We had notice Monday morning and were inspected thursday/friday.Staff are mixed whether they would have preferred to know before the weekend.(personally I would have because I made commitments over the weekend for this week which I would have not done had I known :( )

We are nursery unit of a 2 form entry primary.

We saw all 3 inspectors on their 'tour' of the school at 8:15am Thursday morning.We saw an inspector at 9:45 am Thursday for 45 minutes then nothing else!!! but stomachs flipped when ever the door went.She was spoken too by our brightest most confident children :( which probably gave a false impression of our intake and base line assessments.It also made us realise how far the children have come in only 4-6 weeks they have been with us.

Verbal feedback was on nursery was :o I know from past ofsteds what they say and what is in the report doesn't always tally :( and I know school didn't do so well as nursery overall.

But its over with and it does make you look at the setting though others eyes and pushes you to impliment ideas that you haven't made time for.

Thanks for all your good wishes and what a great help this place has been!!

It will take me weeks to get upto date with ironning-washing-cleaning that was put on 'hold'. :(

There wasn't much to do as is in extra work as the planning was in place but I did arrive earlier to spot check and set up outside play, leave later to ensure everything was ready for the morning, hang around waiting for interviews with inspectors. I even had an early night :o the night before to be refreshed xD but the household fallout is unbelivable :(

I'll second that one Biccy! We had a no-notice inspection on Thursday and Friday (sessional pre-school) and I'm trying to focus on those household jobs too but somehow it isn't working!!! By the way, how to they expect us to keep the result under wraps for 2 weeks plus???????????? How unrealistic is that????????? We're about to explode as it is and its only sunday! I also need to get everything ready for tomorrow.......... Someone said at least we can concentrate on the mountains of glitter now and not worry about whether Ofsted will appear! Hurrah xxx will tell you the result as soon as I can. :(:o:(xD:(