Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Not Enough Time

HI

I work in a pre-school and am a deputy Supervisor, senco and will be studying the FD in Feb 2008!

I really enjoy the special needs department and have only been doing it just over a year & half now!

But is there anyone out there struggling with finding the time to keep up with paperwork and the making of the resources for individual children! how do you manage your time? Or do you have delegated time?

Hi

I have a huge problem keeping up with it all. I must admit i'm always behind with my IEP's. Everyone knows what they have to do it's just getting it down on paper.

Not much help but at least you know your not on your own.

Hi

Well that is really good to konw I am doing my Iep's but the staff are not always supportive in implementing them so I get a little frustrated and I find that I soend my time trying to implement these things and not spend my time with the other children as I spend lots of time get it organised! but Still hopefully it will get easier

Thank you

I read somewhere that the role of the SENCO should be considered to be of equal importance as leader or deputy, so doing both roles is a lot of work.

My SENCO was the other way round, she kept loads if not all information to herself, as it was confidential. I was the leader xD

Can you call a meeting where the staff are told they must implement the IEP's? Do they have any input to the writing of them or the information that goes into them. Not much point in them if only one person is working towards them. And what about observations? Do staff inform you if they see something relevent or a milestone? Do the children on an IEP have a keyworker who can be responsible for the day to day recording and evaluations?

:o

Hi Thanks Rea

Sorry think it may have come across like that but no I have to say I get great support from my supervisor as we share the role, I do most of it, but my supervisor does the additional language needs. Which is great what I actually mean is all the hard work I put into to IEP and working with professionals and placing into action it ok, but I meant staff action help supporting on implementing the agreed actions etc.

YEs have mentioned at meeting that all staff need to support odd ones tend to avoid it!

But thanks for your input its great

Thanks loubyloo

good to know I am not only one! Guest that is where us professional want to be sure to do out jobs properly but in such tight time in each sessions!

thanks

No your not on your own. Some of my staff are on the ball and support me by giving me all the information I need. Then there are a couple who I have to push all the time and when I ask them for feedback they go over the top with the observations. I will not do an IEP without the key persons input. It is still down to having the time. I have stopped having key children this term as I was getting buried under the paperwork. I am owner/supervisor, senco, blah blah blah you get the idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)