Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dinosaur Planning

Hi all, Please, please can someone help me with planning of dinosaurs, any books, planning etc. I am really stuck, please, please for reception class.

thanks in advance

flower

x

I know it's only a little thing but one of my staff members bought in one of those eggs, with a dinosaur inside. You place it in water and it gradually hatches. The children were absolutely fascinated, and it brought about some good language, e.g. crack, hatch.

Hi we did a great theme on dinosaurs and I used some ideas from www.preschoolrainbow.org. The kids then took over and we planned the rest of the topic from there. They loved the Harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs series of books. We had a small bucket with mini dinosaurs in and it went everywhere in the room and had lots of adventures!! A cuddly dinosaur puppet also proved very popular and it was used at story time and circle time. We did some work on big and small and measured out a really big dinosaur in the corridor. They were very impressed! We had great fun with this and will do again.

Hope this is a small help. :o

please, someone help, AM STUCK.

flowerx

Hi there,

we have a tuff spot (but any surface would do), we filled it with a bit of compost, some medium sized sticks, some sand and leaves (not poisonous). Under the leaves and in between sticks were dino's hidden. The children loved it, building up wigwams and shelters for the dinos too!

Good luck,

Abby

Thanks for all those ideas, a little girl I know walks round holding a dinosaur virtually all day, I can give her more ideas now. :o

Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs is on at a theatre in Bimingham, dont know if its travelling the country but it sounded like fun in case you do trips.

xD

• 1 year later...
Med_term_planning_Dinosaurs_summer_2_2007.rtf

I am attaching planning from the summer term. hope this helps,

Sue

sue

Just to say thank you, thank you, thank you

i have been looking for a planning format similar to mine with ideas for my Spring term Dino topic yours is just right and has provided me with a great starting point - I know i am a year late but I will incorportate your planning into the new structure of the EYFS and then be done with planning BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

many thanks

glynnis

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)