Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Usual Plea - Indecision!

Here I go asking for advice, and I am sorry I think this will probably have been discussed:

What to do after the FD??

We had a very informative talk at University yesterday about what to do next and our options.....whilst they were talking about the 3rd year in Education Studies I was inspired and thought yes that sound good, (funding and job implications though!!) and when they talked about EYPS I thought Yes that sounds good - completely funded - no issues with work EXCEPT a colleague is due to start her EYPS in January and I am unsure whether the local authority will fund two of us in 1 setting...we are a small setting..... I have emailed the authority for advice but what if they don't? Or am I settling for the EYPS because everyone has funded places to offer? What is my ultimate goal?

Not sure if I want to stay in pre-school for ever - do I need to prepare for that? I want to work in this field but kind of half thought about advisory roles or (wait for it) Ofsted !!!

I know I need to explore my options and of course consider my large family and committments, also I have had one term of running the setting - maybe I am tired and a little confused about what to do. Every moment of spare time I am doing work for work, haven't been so committed to the FD as I haven't had time!

Other students have a goal like they want to be a teacher or they want EYPS to stay at preschool but I feel a little lost, I loved the study and the way it affected my practice but now I don't seem to have time to enjoy the learning - being a manager!

Sorry If I sould a little fuzzy - I feel it.

Edited by Guest

For what its worth shirel, I feel in that 'what next' area too. In your position I'd carry on doing what I'm doing for now. New Government initiative come along all the time and you might find that something opens up that hasnt yet been considered, or even that your own circunstances change that allow or disallow any thoughts you have.

I had an interview nearly 3 weeks ago for tutoring, I've heard nothing from it, so now what? In situations like that I sit back, let everything carry on and allow opportunities to arise. Not a very proactive way of running ones life but it does for me, and without a deadline, you have more time to look and consider.

Hope whatever you do turns out to be fab and the best choice you could have made :oxD

Trouble is the point of the talk at Uni was to ensure that we make choices for next year now? I have to decide in the next few weeks.

I have received an email that suggest I shouldn't have a problem with the local authority funding 2 EYPS's so there is a door open still for me there.

Edited by Guest

Well at the rate childrens centres are opening there will be more need of people with that level of qualification so go for it. Once you've made the final decision it will all look rosier. :o

yes I always intended to do a third year but the option they are pushing at the Uni is 15 months, like Hali is doing, an extended 3 months for the EYP.

My advice for what its worth is go for it. A year or 15 months is not that long. For me I know if I stopped that I would personally find it really hard going back to it but I am sure you could pick up the final year a year or two later if you wanted - only you know your time constraints. Doesn't the transformation fund kick in for the top up to a full degree - I am sure it must do as they are complaining that there will not be enough graduates available to take the EYP. Have you seen what you need to do for the final year - are you interested in the particular subjects, if so it will help and motivate you. Wish you luck in whatever you decide.

Nikki

Thankyou all very much for all your advice, I will apply for the third year with EYP status tagged on the end. If I get a problem with too many in 1 setting or funding, then I will cross that bridge then.

Thanks again :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)