Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Longevity Of Programmable Toys

We have 3 programable toys, bought just over a year ago. [i won't be more specific but they are well known & often reommended for preschool children]

They haven't had particularly harsh treatment, and haven't even beeen used excessively, yet one went faulty within the year & was replaced; the same happened to a second just after the year was up, & a third looks a bit dodgy. I am beginning to wonder whether it is worth replacing them. The budget isn't that flush at the minute.

Is it just us, or has anyone else had a similar experience?

this is something that really bugs me :o all these items are not cheap, especially products designed for special needs. why?? we struggle and usually have to fund raise to afford to buy them in the 1st place let alone keep replacing! manufacturers must be making a fortune out of us but we have to have them!

sorry having a moment xD

You have my sympathies, shazzam!

We got some of them through the 'Tesco' scheme so it's not quite as straight forward as an ordinary 'buy' but I think I shall have to take it up with the company.

• 1 year later...

Yep, we've had the same - buttons got stuck inside and I've had to open it up to release them! As you say, at £40+ a pop they aren't cheap - I really think that the manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank! When they go again I'm putting them away and only get them out for supervised play which is a great shame. Going to get £2.99 remote controlled cars from cheap shop next time! Just as much fun - in fact more so in some respects!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)