Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snacks

Hey alm- how come you still get full cream milk? Do you claim back the money for your milk? We do and the milkman now only brings semi-skimmed - he said due to new health regulations we can no longer have full cream. Shame that was really nice when there was some left over in the tea! Anyone else lost their full cream?

Sally we've lost our full cream milk too, kept querying it with our supplier as had always understood children under 5 should have full cream milk. Was told Government guidelines stipulate semi-skimmed milk now. Can't remember why.

Still get our full cream, and yes we claim back. We did think about changing over actually, and asked the advice from the health visitor. We were advised to keep to full cream, for the nutritional value, as some children would not have had breakfast. Does anyone have a link to those government guidelines?

Still have full cream and claim it back...

If I place an order with the milkman i would expect to receive what i ordered , it is not for him to decide what the children in our care receive but ours! Ours is the local milkman who delivers to us, decided against milk supplier...we can recycle milk bottles but they supplied cartons and plastic containers...also we like to support the local milkman to help keep his round when so many are no longer around.

Inge

Edited by Inge

At our pre-school we have full fat milk with a choice from two types of fruit/veg ( such as apples, pears, oranges, bananas, peaches, carrots, melon etc) then to ad variety we do bread sticks, toast or sandwiches (made by children) with a variety of spreads. Haven't thought of pitta breads, we will have to give that a go.

Sally

• 2 months later...
Thanks Crystal

I've had a quick search on the internet and have come up with the following link to a new policy that came out September 2007. I think though from whati have read that at the moment it is only relevant to schools, but i'm going to do some more delving. Will post further info if i find it.

http://www.schoolfoodtrust.org.uk/doc_item...&DocCatId=1

hi we too have received some info from our advisory teacher about standards for snacks. this states that no biscuits, crackers or breadsticks be given and water or milk only for drinks (full cream for under 5's).

we are a pre school and it is not clear if this applies to schools only, although I guess its best to get the ball rolling at pre school. Does anyone know if this is the regulation for under 5's? Sandie

Edited by sandie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katylouise1984
hi we too have received some info from our advisory teacher about standards for snacks. this states that no biscuits, crackers or breadsticks be given and water or milk only for drinks (full cream for under 5's).

we are a pre school and it is not clear if this applies to schools only, although I guess its best to get the ball rolling at pre school. Does anyone know if this is the regulation for under 5's? Sandie

How crazy? Why can they not eat they not eat these? I don't get it!!?? Which Local Education Authority is this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)