Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Schemas

Just found this article on schemas. Thought I'd share it as I find schemas quite confusing and this makes it really simple. It's from Dorset For You - the Dorset council website. They have some great planning and activity ideas as well. I would add a link but I don't know how.

Sally

Schemas - Dorset For You

Edited by Guest
Moderator edit to remove attachment

Thanks Carol. I tried to link it but it wouldn't work. My IT skills leave a lot to be desired.

Sally

Don't worry. We would rather that people are directed to the site, as there are copyright laws we must adhere to and this way it saves any confusion as to where they have originated.

There are plenty of people on the forum who don't know how to do links. The easy way is just to copy and paste the address straight into your message. :o

Thanks for this - am going to use it as the basis of a handout for staff (will acknowledge the source, obviously!). We're often confused about the different schemas and the behaviours associated with them. This will help them no end!

I'm so impressed that these LEAs have all this information available on their website - perhaps someone in our borough will get on the case!

Maz

Just found this article on schemas. Thought I'd share it as I find schemas quite confusing and this makes it really simple. It's from Dorset For You - the Dorset council website. They have some great planning and activity ideas as well. I would add a link but I don't know how.

Sally

Schemas - Dorset For You

Hi,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing that info. It will be very useful. I personally find schemas fascinating. I will be sharing this info with my team at work.

Rosepetal

Sally

Schemas - Dorset For You

Hi,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing that info. It will be very useful. I personally find schemas fascinating. I will be sharing this info with my team at work.

Rosepetal

Hi Rosepetal

I am also really interested in schemas. Didn't know what they were until a few months ago but it certainly helps to explain and plan for the way children approach play.

I'm glad so many people have found this schemas info useful. I've used so much stuff that others have shared that it's nice to give something back (even if I can only take the credit for finding it).

Sally

This is really usefull, thankyou

Don't suppose anyone knows what a dormant schema is. I have to find a child with one of these for my degree assignment

My understanding of this is that it is something which is triggered by a certain set of circumstances but will not display unless these circumstances are there. The extreme case is someone who may kill to protect their family but would not otherwise display any violent tendencies. I guess in children there may be the very placid child who may suddenly react with rage when a favourite toy is taken from them but who will then return to being placid afterwards?? :o

Did a google search but could only find an explanation of adult schema modes when looking for 'dormant' schema, the link goes to some text which further explains Beau's definition.

Dormant schema

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)