Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good News!

narnia

we have a new grandson, born today, 6lbs 5 ozs and a month early, but both well!!! yippppeeeee!! :o

How lovely for you all - many congratulations! I'm sure you're very proud.

Maz

(but why is this under 'vacancies' I wonder...! My brain is whirring in all sorts of directions)

My mom always professes that being a grandparent is better than being a parent because you dont have to have the same emotional resposibilities, plus you can give them back!!

Many congratualtions. What a good weight for a month early!! Best wishes to all :o

Great news Narnia, congratulations, what a good weight for being a month early. xD My son was a month early weighing in at just 4lb. (23 yrs ago) :(

I have a lovely photo of my first grandson on my wall and the frame has the inscription

"If I'd known grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first" :(

So, what will you be called? Nan, Nanny, Grandma, Grandmama, Grandmother?

The reason I ask is because I'm actually a step nan and the real nan wanted me to be called nanny number 2 :o , I said, I'm not number 2 to anyone, so my grandson calls me Nanny Peggy. :(

Peggy

thank you all for the good wishes.Just back from the hospital, visiting Joseph Ian Alfred (maybe Thomas!)....first name just because mum and dad like it, and the others are great grandads and great great grandad. he's just so beautiful, it made me weep to see him, lots of hair and serenely peaceful.................gosh are they in for a shock when he wakes up properly!! He's not my first grandchild, and I'm officially 'nana'.........but it truly makes you aware that this life DOES go on somehow.......oh dear, now I'm getting all weepy again, thinking of my lovely daughter cradling this first-born child in her arms, with simply the happiest smile on her face.... :o