Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Do You Spend Your Sunday?

Well I like to try(!) to get a lay in but never happens.......hubby & eldest son gone fishing this morning so they disturbed me at 6 ish xD , my daughter woke in the night saying she couldn't sleep (well after that nor could I :( ) my youngest had a sleepover at a friends in a tent in there garden, my mind has been buzzing hoping he's warm enough etc.

So I got up early made a cup of tea and now on here....put some washing on and think I may do some college work (after another cup of tea). Got football today with 10 year old, daughter going out with grandparents...and I better look for some important paperwork I have misplaced :o

Is it my age or is life so busy that I'm getting very forgetful(!) please be nice with your comments :(

Thanks for letting me go on a bit....mrsb

Edited by Mrsb

SNAP, it must be something in the west sussex air!!

Got up to put the washing on as I dont get time in the week besides its going to rain tomorrow!

Been sitting on here for what seems hours!

I too have football x 3 matches today and my little girl is moaning "I hate football"

At least the suns out!

x

Sunday is usually quite chilled but I can't seem to lie in at the moment. Woke up at 8.30 today. Off to a Christening later on today for one of my husband's relatives, so will be busy with that for most of the day, then it will be home tonight to my planning.

We are often at the in-laws on a Sunday as their family meet up every weekend and it's always a good laugh.

Ok, I'm still feeling a bit wobbly this morning, wandering round the house and not daring to go in my son's empty bedroom.....MAKE THE MOST OF THOSE FOOTBALL MATCHES!!! They'll be gone before you know it and your washing machine/floor/house won't be covered in mud and cut grass anymore!!.....and then you'll miss it! Ok, I feel better now.

Today is going to be chilled I hope. I've got to take my daughter Ipod shopping because I put hers through the wash by mistake on Friday ( :o ) - most expensive mistake ever I think. Then some pottering in the garden if it's nice, maybe a small bike ride, a glance at all my new stationery once in a while and - unusually - a night in front of the telly. I'm enjoying that series about Jimmy's Farm at the moment and there's also a new Michael Palin series starting tonight which I like the look of. Two programmes worth watching in one night is very rare! xD

Edited by Wolfie

Guest tinkerbell

I agree about the programmes Wolfie.I enjoyed the crab fishermen documentary last night and a chance to watch the first two hero programmes I missed! I am looking forward to Michael Palin's Europe tonight too.

Husband is painting the lounge I am ironing and washing and supposedly planning! At 12 we will go and see his 28year old daughter as it is her birthday

This afternoon willl pop in on his mum and dad

Home and try catch elusive 24yr old who is working away and just pops into sleep and leave his washing!Hopefully 21 yrold and 18 year old sons will be in for dinner and we can catch up with them.

Evening tv and the planning I didn't get round to :o

Tinkerbellx

Enjoy your day everyone xD:(

Morning all

I'll be doing the weekly shop in a mo, then ironing :( which I hate!! Will fnd a film to watch whilst doing it I think.

Then pop round to see my Gran who I shall have the same conversation with as I did in the week only she can remember that!! :o

I need to do a little planning later-still getting my head around the difference to my Y2 planning. I'll be challenging my OH to a game on the Wii, and then looking forward to a nice roast and bottle of wine this evening!

Then watching Hell's Kitchen.....oh Marco..... xD

I usually have a relaxing morning and then get moving doing some housework. I have a couple of hours of planning later in the afternoon so that everything is fresh in my mind for the coming week. Then I ring my mum whilst tackling the mammoth pile of ironing - speaking to her passes the time and I don't even notice I'm ironing. :o Hubby always cooks and deals with the girls bathtime on a Sunday so when I get off the phone I get to sit and relax with a nice meal and a glass of wine.

This morning though, I have got up to a bomb site. My 17 year old son had 4 friends stay over - the kitchen was an absolute mess from their midnight snacking (pans, baking trays, plates and glasses everywhere!) and I went through the living room to find slug like bodies wrapped in sleeping bags on my floor. I have given them all fluids and pulled the curtains back half way and am trying to entice them back to life before sending them back to their parents! xD

Oh Beau, I know those mornings. They are lovely lads but its also lovely when they finally go home. xD

I'm just getting used to having no rugby to go out for, son plays on Saturdays now so Sunday means 'lunch'. Thats gone out of the window today though. The new fridge freezer we had last week is so much better than the old one that he duck I put in there yesterday morning to defrost is still as hard as rock, so I might be having a trip to the shops.

Also got ironing to do, but I'll leave that until later so I can watch the rugby while I do it. Samoa v Tonga, see what our lads have to contend with next week.

I was out last night until 2.30am so whatever I do today will be slow, with plenty of coffee breaks, and then perhapes a nap! :o

Carol, that's really made me smile - many's the time I've tripped over slumbering bodies that I didn't expect to find -and then suddenly they turn in to "Perry" from Kev and Perry...."Thank you for having me!" etc.! :o

Woke at 6am walked the dog took OH a cuppa in bed while I showered. Took daughter to her summer job at Durham University. Came home fed OH and son hung out washing while OH walked dog again. OH left to visit his son and dropped mine off for his Sunday job. I've prepared lunch and now here waiting to go and collect daughter from work at 1pm.......now should I walk the dog first?

Usually get up between 5:30-6am on a sunday.I don't want to waste a minute of MY time!I usually get 3 hours to myself before the kids wander down.I sew while listening to Aled Jones :o singing along to the hymns and he gets some interesting guests.We have a late full cooked breakfast/lunch around 11 with the papers and hot coffee(weekday coffee usually goes cold before drinkng).I love that meal-we discuss past and future week and its one meal we can all linger over as a family.

Then chores xD before a late dinner and ironning while watching TV.

Todays task is to pack away in the loft the camping equipment/paddling pool/lounger pads etc Summer is over.......

Your Sunday sounds great Biccy :wacko: Unfortunatly my lads have usaually been out on the razzle Saturday night and either are not even home or in bed!!!

Sunday as far as my hubby is concerned is like any other day on the farm,So im often on my own whcih is lovely! Im ashamed to say after a great night out ourselves i consumed rather alot of red wine and didnt surface myself til 9am then grabbed a coffee and the paper and back to bed (my sunday morning luxury)

Then i potter ( I love pottering)tidying,washing,ironing etc

Dont know about you but it is a wonderful warm blustery day in Cheshire so stripped the bed of everything and it is now dancing vigourously on the line (Im very sad but I adore that sight!!! xD )

Will then clean and hoover, have bath and wash my hair and get ready for our much coveted 'ride out' together probably to the coast (about an hour away)for fish and chips sat on the front!!! :( pure bliss :(

Now i start uni on Thursday!So next Sunday may be very different!! :(:o

Your day sounds great. I got up to terrible mess in kitchen as we have a new puupy, moped the floor, gave him breakfast, took him for an hours walk, quick tidy round the house, washing on, still have a pile of ironing to do, also started uni this week(doing degree) so have a 4000 word essay due in by oct half term and the planning todo, plus puppy will need another walk later, also need to go and buy the snacks for pre-school and make the playdough for tomorrow morning, just need more hours in the day!!!!!

Up early and got the dinner ready and set the oven timer - beef this week. Then on the internet to check out this Forum and emails. Typed up a new 'Statement of Particulars' for our local Mencap. Checked Jenny is up and OK ( my daughter with SLD and ASD) Church then and Choir practice after doing some lovely African stuff for Harvest Festival. Returned and picked some vegetables from the garden. Began to read Sunday paper and dealt with a call about someone very ill with Cancer and then a wedding :o Hubby returned and had lunch. Now sipping end of wine and about to have coffee whilst on here! Ironing later xD

Guest MaryEMac

Got up at 9 leaving other half in bed, quiet breakfast and cup of tea by myself. A quick look at the paper then its off to the outlet village with my daughter (about half an hour ride). A productive morning, managed to buy a top in 'The Designer Room' which was a size smaller than usual, 6 books from The Works for only £15 (RRP was around £50), christmas presents for my grandchildren from the Paper Mill Shop and last of all a tiara with a veil attached for the playgroup from Claire's Accessories. Believe it or not I only went for the ride and to keep my daughter company :o . She bought some clothes too. Then home to cook lunch. I am now supposed to be ordering my shopping online but have got sidetracked!! Going to see my son and family later and then I must do that ironing.

Mary

Since I was a teenager I have been a churchgoer, so that's generally how I start my Sundays.

Did you know 30 september is 'Back to Church Sunday' when churches all over the country will be welcoming anyone who used to attend church but got out of the habit, and anyone who would like to go and have a look at what goes on these days.... Churches are not necessarily traditional in this day and age and there are all sorts to suit all tastes!

Curious ..... Why not give it a go?

Normally, lie's in until after 9 am, then eats breakfast and watches tv until dad rushes us out of the door. Go somewhere for a few hours, sometimes up the dales, down to the peaks or shopping centres in Manchester or Sheffield. Usually watches more tv, plays on the computer, shower and bed. :o Unless I am studying we only go out for a very short time say 3-4 hours then back to studying for the rest of the time before I relax near to bedtime. xD

Unlike today, got up at 9.30am, shower, breakfast and watching tv, when to the nearest National Trust place of interest, quick stop at Skipton for lunch before a short ride back home again, played on the computer, watched a recorded programme and tea (early for a change). :( Then will spend the rest of the evening watching tv as there are a couple of good programmes on, ah no Emmerdale or Corrie for me off to watch 14up 2000, the royal and then Micheal Palin before bed. :( I have a strange feeling that work will ring up for a job. :(

Gosh I have been busy today, oh well better make the most of it hopefully studying starts next week reading handbooks, textbooks and making notes as teaching starts next week. Oh my only 4 days until the start of college again :wacko: , just hope I can start again as I have made enomous progress working with staff and children by gaining new knowladge.

Beth

mine..forget layin son had to be in town for RAF batle of britain parade at 9.30 was there till 12.30 then had to come home and paint daughters bedroom along with the sunday roast and ironing...exhausted need another weekend (along with running 200 metres 7 x yesturday for a charity thing!!!!!) :o

exhausted need another weekend (along with running 200 metres 7 x yesturday for a charity thing!!!!!) :o

Suppose I shouldn't mention listening to the Archers omnibus IN BED then, should I? (and for those of you not familiar with Radio 4's Sunday schedule, that's almost half the day gone!

Maz

Well, I've had a chilled out day, up at 9am, took the kids to the boot fair, bought hubby a hoover, a Dyson for £3 what a bargain xD ( his broke during the week).

Sat on my sun lounger, ( actually added to my tan) whilst the children played happily around me, read half a book. Hubby served me my tuna & cucumber sandwich for lunch, then I went indoors and watched Parkinson ( taped from last night), whilst hubby cooked dinner, pork & veg with his spicy sauce ( yum yum).

Got all the children showered, hair wash, heard what can only be described as 'disco' from the lounge, hubby had found an old cassette tape of our favourite music so had a boogy with the kids, then worn out, bedtime reading for the youngest ones, then whilst hubby does the washing up and school uniform ironing thought I'd log in for an hour or so on the forum. :(

Am I showing off or what, I have the best hubby in the world, maybe I'll log off sooner and let him know. :o That's if he hasn't got a headache after his hard day. :(

Peggy

I'm with LJW on this one, but I didn't know about 'Back to Church Sunday'. Any links you can share on that, LJW?

Ours is certainly not traditional, and I'm one of the older people attending. Sometimes I do find the music a bit loud! But I don't know how I would have coped with several circumstances that happened this year if I hadn't had their support, so yes, why don't you give it a go too!!