Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Documentation - Eyfs Page 38 & 39

Hi. My attention has been drawn to Pages 38 & 39 of the EYFS Standards booklet and I can see that I will need to adapt my Registration Form a bit. I have some questions - is your Registration Form one one side of A4? Do you include a section about ethnicity? I'm not quite sure how to word the bitabout 'which of these parents or carers the child normally lives with'.

My Registration form is already very full and before I start fiddling with it your comments would be much appreciated!

Our Early years here have produced a form for all parents which covers the information we must submit to local authority which we send in when a child registers with us, this includes all in the second part. we complete them and send them in once a term or when we get a few, started this term.

now have to increase size of form to include addressed of all parents / carers , this will be fun, as most of our children are with 1 parent but do see both, and we often see both parents and of course the grandparents who have a role in caring for the child. Our form is already 3 pages long but we do include a page of info on the children such as family, religious or cultural needs, first language,and anything they feel would be useful to us and specifically ask questions on vaccinations, special needs, dietary requirements, allergies, medications etc (amazing how many say nothing and when specifically asked these questions we suddenly learn of things they have not thought of.)

Inge

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I haven't even started to look at all the requirements of the EYFS so it's useful to learn about what needs adapting.

attached are my registration forms, I think I will add additional addresses in my other agencies page, this is only completed if applicable so not every parent needs one. The main details and signatures for various permissions are printed on 2 sides of A4.

Jus a note and I know it comes from the publication but I have often had parents offended that they their child comes into the catagory of 'other' . There are so many mixes of ethnic origin that I wish the data we provide to whoever needs it could be drawn from the parents descriptions rather than a preconceived list. ( rant over). At present I have quite a few 'others' ie: Italian / Asian, Polish / Irish, mixed parentage. Or maybe I don't understand how to define ethnic origin, is it place of birth, parentage, mothers origin only? See, all this administration makes me doubt my own knowledge. I think it's parentage but may be wrong. xD:o:( ( and of course it is late :( )

Peggy

BLANK_REG_FORM_04.07.xls

Peggy,

the list of ethic origin used by our LEA has 29 different choices!!

two being REFU = not wishing it recorded and OOTH = information not obtained!

it breaks it down into so many and gives lists of different nationalities and gives codes to use...

Just had to spend ages with parents sorting them out , those with little english has lots of problems...wonder if they will give us forms in other languages? May just have to ask!

Inge

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sos for not being around to offer any input but going in for an op next week and have spent the last month making sure everything is sorted for pre school, home, uni, life etc.

So here is my reg form that I use. I have glanced at the EYFS to update it but feel free to use any info from it or offer any feedback on what I need to do to keep in line with new eyfs.

Net x

Net,

Best wishes for your op and to a speedy recovery.

Inge,

I've often wondered; Why can we not just ask for ethnic origin, then blank space and the parent gives us the info, in other words, most adults know the 'title' for there origins, without having a list to fit into, don't they? What next I wonder a list of the various genders, and yes there can be more than the two obvious ones. :o

Peggy

• 1 year later...
Hi. My attention has been drawn to Pages 38 & 39 of the EYFS Standards booklet and I can see that I will need to adapt my Registration Form a bit. I have some questions - is your Registration Form one one side of A4? Do you include a section about ethnicity? I'm not quite sure how to word the bitabout 'which of these parents or carers the child normally lives with'.

My Registration form is already very full and before I start fiddling with it your comments would be much appreciated!

Hi, just amended our reg forms to include - who has parental responsibility? and also, who has legal access?

Read this must be included somewhere

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)