Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Got A New Baby.....

Hi all

sorry but i have to share my news.

His name is Archie and he is 8 weeks old, he's hard work at the moment but is soooo lovely. Thankfully he has settled in (well sort of) with my other dog who is a very old, old english, but who now thinks hes a puppy too :o

Now its even harder to get on with my work.....

I'll try and post a pictue.

Jo

post-4852-1188931039_thumb.jpg

God he's lovely - 8 weeks and a puppy - wow he's going to be a big boy - enjoy - perhaps you need to hijack one of those recycle shoe bags - he looks like he might want to get through a few.

Nikki

He will be big... hes a great dane xD:(:o

Jo

I met someone once who rescued great danes - she said that although (once they 'grow into' their paws) they're huge dogs, they don't actually take up much room in the house. I was more than a little sceptical - thought perhaps she was trying to recruit me as a potential adopter!

Maz

cute now ,

but for those who have not had a great dane...friend had one and found the 'slopper' over everything very off putting, up the walls, on the furniture, 'duck' when he shakes his head was the phrase often used.......,also chewed furniture and cupbards, replaced the kithcen doors because of him!

son saw one in a car the other day too...his comment "wow how did they get that dog in there! his head fills the window where does the rest go? " ( this from a 22 yr old!!)

Good luck

Inge

He is gorgeous and I think the name suits him ( don't know why though).

I would love a Husky but don't think they are really family friendly breed so we have promised our new Foster children a labrador next year. Can't decide on golden, black or chocolate brown.

You've reminded me of a few years ago visiting a friend of a friend who's Great Dane bitch had just had a litter of puppys, definate aaaaah factor. :o

Peggy

Peggy - labradors are excellent with children. Mine is black and is nearly 8. He was born on the 9/9/1999 and has turned out to be a very special dog and our family love him to bits (judging by the funny voices he is greeted with whenever anyone gets up in the morning or comes home). I'm sure your foster children will love yours too, whatever colour you choose!

Hi all

thanks for your lovely comments, i'll keep you posted on his progress and let you know if he is still cute when he's chewed up everything! :o

by the way Peggy think i'd have a chocolate labrador but they are all lovely xD

Jo