Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Challanges For Me

Hi,

Just wanted to share some good news. I have been promoted to manager of one of the nurseries my boss owns. It is a small nursery with a team of 9 staf and around on average 32 children per day. This all happened on the last day of term and was finalised today as definite. As a result of this, i will no longer be able to do the FD Degree via my local college which i had been accepted on due to not being able to get day release, but i have been accepeted onto the OU to do the degree, and my employers are happy to support me doing it that way. I also have my driving test in October so lots of changes for me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o . Due to the nursery being a small nursery and my children are all grown up now, i feel more than able to do the new role and do the degree at the same time. So i am a mixture of excitement and nervous. I start my new role as manager in two weeks time. Next week i will be handing over my room to the new room manager and saying goodbye to everyone at work.

I start E123 and E124 with the OU from 7th October.

Rosepetal

wishing you my best wishes for the future! you must feel excited but at the same time nervous - i know when i took over as manager 3 years ago (can't quite believe its that long - seems like yestgerday!) the first six months or so were a 'steep learning curve' each day new challenges but just trust your judgement/experience and im sure you will do very well - good luck!

That's fabulous news! I am in my 2nd management post now, and have continued to find a wealth of on-going support from the forum during difficult times; as well as sharing successes and advice.

Let us know how it goes.

Congratulations, you are in such good company here - I am on the second year of the FD and have just taken a similar position to you, with 7 staff and about 30 children to manage xD:o At least like others have said we can all share the highs and lows.

Congratulations again and good luck, don't be a stranger!

Hi All,

I just wanted to say thank you for responding to my post and sharing in my good news.

I have managed a Pre School before in Germany, and have worked in a day nursery as part of a senior management team, but this will be my first time managing a day nursery in the private sector, the owners are lovely to work for and all their nurseries are really good.

Rosepetal :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)