Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Passed The First Year!

And that's about it really! Phoned the uni yesterday as the two final grades were worrying me and found out that nothing has to be resubmitted, and I've passed!

My grades throughout the year were (in order):

50%

72%

53%

53%

60%

68%

60%

60%

I am sooooo happy, I can't tell you. Dreading next year already what with the research project already underway, but despite that, I am so pleased with myself, only too tired to do any real celebrating!

well done - expect you are also feeling slightly elated and deflated too - seems to come with the territory but its a year down and another 1 or 2 to go.

Celebrate when you are feeling less tired - its an achievement so you can

Nikki

Well done Clare, I have just recived my days timetable for enrolment in September. Well thats one less thing to panic about in interviews, until the question what will be your hours at college - me well I will know on Friday xx September!

Beth

Well done Clare, it's a weird feeling isn't it - like you say on the one had you feel elated and on the other there is a sense of panic, no time to rest as the second year is supposed to be harder!!! xD:o

I am trying to juggle novels with recommended reading for year 2 and contemplate my new role as leader, sort out stuff for work and be a super mum as well.

- I don't know where I would be without this site to pop on and empathise with and oo and aaaa with.

Well done again, :(:(:(

Guest Wolfie

Many many congratulations Clare - I hope you can summon up some energy from somewhere to just do a little bit of celebrating sometime! :o

Very well done Clare.

I myself passed first year and am looking forward to another year of juggling work, kids, husband, housework, social life, assignments, reports, meetings, presentations, life.

Ooooh we are gluttons for punishment.

Congratulations to everyone else who has passed their first year, second year or even 3rd year.

Net x

Edited by net franklin

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I have been asked to teach on the foundation degree!

If you had to sum up the way that YOU want to be taught what would it be?

I know that for me powerpoint would be a no no.

Does it help if everything relates to practice with lots of discussion.

Please let me know - most of my experience being with 4 year olds.

Thanks! :o

Hi everyone!

I have been asked to teach on the foundation degree!

If you had to sum up the way that YOU want to be taught what would it be?

I know that for me powerpoint would be a no no.

Does it help if everything relates to practice with lots of discussion.

Please let me know - most of my experience being with 4 year olds.

Thanks! :o

Welcome to the forum!

For me I would say pitch it at the right level and be ready to engage in lots of 'discussion' with your learners. Yes, death by powerpoint can be... well deadly - but with the slides printed out to make notes on, they can be very useful.

Yes it does need to relate to practice, but there has to be the inspirational/motivational stuff too - sometimes everyone needs to be taken out of their comfort zone!

Be clear about assessment criteria and remember that your learners are trying to fit a degree in with working and so therefore need to make the most of their study time. Try to keep "self study in the library" to an absolute minimum...

And if all else fails - just be grateful you don't have me in your class!!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy teaching on the Foundation Degree - its a great opportunity and I'm sure you'll learn heaps yourself as you get to know your group of learners.

Good luck and enjoy!

Maz

Hi Esilanna,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a FD teacher!!

I'm just about to begin my FD journey with the OU.

If I was doing it at college I would prefer the teaching to relate to practice and I have always thought discussion to be the best way of sharing information and learning. Don't like power point either!!

I know there are others out there in the forum who will have answers for you so hang on in there.

Welcome again and enjoy!!! :o

hello and welcome , congratulations well done. xD

As the others have said it for me had to be practical and relate to my setting or what i was doing but as Maz says take you out of your comfort zone ..otherwise how else do you learn something new. I quite enjoyed powerpoints occasionally and found it useful to look back on if had the notes printed out. Self study i didnt like!!!!! :o

good luck :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)