Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where Are You?

Thingy

Hi everyone

When I am looking at the forum and reading the posts I like seeing where people are from. That probably makes me a bit sad or weird or just really nosey but I like to know what part of the country people are in. :(:(:o

So, if you are happy to (don't if you like being mysterious) maybe you could go into your 'my controls' and amend your profile to include your location.

Me............ I'm in sunny, showery, torrential rain, a bit sunny Sussex xD

Take care wherever you are and hope you have a lovely summer holidays :(

Thingy

"...a bit sad or weird or just really nosey "

Me too Thingy.

I do look and if I dont see a place I wonder where they are.

When people first join it can be a bit scarey putting all your personal details onto a public forum, so maybe thats why. A lot of people use their real names too so maybe a place name would really put the cat amongst the pigeons, I mean how many people called Isabelle Ringing can live in a town called Alice??? :o:(:(

I'm in Birmingham, but its a big place, so I could say where but I wont because people could catch on and I dont want to completly lose that anonymity. xD

But then again I'm so open about some things people who do know me would know me on here too if you see what I mean? !!!

Welcome, Thingy!

Doesn't make you sad, I also like to see where people are situated!

As you can see I'm in Maidenhead. Quite bright now, but rained earlier so we had to cancel the BBQ part of our end of year Brownie party - ate hotdogs and pizza inside instead!

Maz

Hi everyone

County is good enough, no house numbers or street names please :oxD

We do like to be a bit anonymous don't we, you don't think my mum christened me Thingy do you? :(

Thingy

hello Thingy Im from a watery Halifax WYorks welcome to the forum

sue

Tell me about it Suewit!!!!! I got cought in the watery weather at tea time comming driving home from work.

Welcome to the forum thingy.

Beth

Hi Thingy. I'm from Brighton, Sussex as well! I suppose i'm not very original putting my own name (and car!) as my ID! I like to look to see where people are from, and from what type of setting. its good to see such a wide variety of practitioners all in one place, all with the common aim of avoiding growing old gracefully by pretenting we are still preschoolers and playing all day (I wish) - or is that just me!

See you are all over the place and it pleases me to know, shame you can't tell accents from the typing :o

And no Michelle, you are not the only one wishing we could play a bit more like we used to xD but it's progress and some of it is better

Thingy

To be fair, I think we should really be left to decide how specific we want to be - sometimes we might not want a colleague to know!!

You give too much info away and you're up the creek!! :o

I'm from South Oxfordshire - just a bit north of Reading!!!

Gosh! Not far from me and Hali then! Never thought that a 'bit north of Reading' could also be 'South Oxfordshire'...

I was born and raised in sunny Basingstoke, so not a million miles away...

Maz