Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications

Its just that from your previous post I got the impression you were saying you weren't going to do the EYPS but were carrying on to finish the BA.

Mind you, if there's a right end of the stick and a wrong end, you'll be sure to know which end I'll be pulling on...

Maz

HI

Your impression from my earlier post is right :o I am continuing to BA in Early Years and all being well I will then have a level 6 qualification. Others will have a level 6 with the EYP status. The BA would enable me to do the one of the shorter pathways to EYPS but I just don't fancy it at the moment.

I think (but could be very wrong!) that the offers from providers for Foundation Degree top up combined with EYPS is a good idea and will suit many students. I know of one person currently doing this - when she has completed 60 points of level 3 higher education study to achieve degree level she will then be able to undertake the validation pathway for EYPS. She already has appropriate experience across the relevant age range. It seems to be working really well for her and she is happy that she has only had to find one provider for the 'degree study' and EYPS.

I hope I am not causing confusion!

im doing the combined to get it done and finished, cannot see the point of doing the EYPS and then 15 mths later doing the top up...get it all done together, and one of the criteria on the qualifications from the CWDC is GCSE maths and english!!! i need to do that too!!!! what a busy beee i will be...... :o

Hi Hali

I know I only have tomorrow to survive and the leaver's party on Friday but my little old brain is now addled xD

This is either a stupid question or I have misread your post - there again it could be both! xD

HOw could you do EYPS and then 15mths later do the top up?? top up to what :wacko:

Don't you have to top up the Foundation Degree to a full degree before EYPS?

Perhaps I need to go and lie down in a dark room :(

Good luck with the maths (one of the main reasons for me not doing EYPS!) I am OK with GCSE English but my Maths result was er er er :( not that great! :(

HOw could you do EYPS and then 15mths later do the top up?? top up to what :o

Don't you have to top up the Foundation Degree to a full degree before EYPS?

What we're doing is the EYPS/BA which will give us (if we meet the criteria!) EYP status and an ordinary degree (ie the extra 60 points needed to 'top up the Foundation Degree) if we want to take it at that point.

Then, we have the option to study for the further 60 points needed to gain an Honours Degree.

So strictly speaking, we don't have to top up the FDEd to a BA before doing EYPS because we're doing the two together.

Always supposing we get our GCSE equivalent in maths, eh Hali??

Hope this is clear. It has taken me a long time to get my head round it...

Maz

Guest cathy m

It's also taken me ages to get my head round it. I've spoken to EM Direct and as I have just completed the foundation degree with the OU (think Geraldine has done it this way). A helpful guy told me I can do the BA with the OU alongside EYPS or after the BA the short validation route could be done in 5 and a half days! due to my experience (confusing!!) Still not sure about EYPS because of all reasons previously mentioned. I really don't see how having a degree in totally unrelated fields qualifies people to do long validation route then gain EYPS with hardly any experience!

Oh well, all will become clear, may be

Cathy

well done maz, course we will get our maths :oxD:(

'Course I could have let you answer for yourself, but the control freak in me just would't allow that....

And I'm loving your confidence re maths...

Maz

I really don't see how having a degree in totally unrelated fields qualifies people to do long validation route then gain EYPS with hardly any experience!

The short answer is, at first no-one thought it did, but then the CWDC realised how few of us in the early years workforce had the necessary qualifications to undertake EYPS, so they widened their criteria to include those with degrees in an unrelated field...

And I see from Nursery World today that there are fears that there still won't be enough EYPs to run all the children's centres planned...

Ho hum. In any other sector, EYPs would be able to command very high salaries because they will be in such demand.

Perhaps I'll speak to my boss about a payrise... have done that... told myself no!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)