Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Claim To Fame

Oohh forgot me and my husband were on a programme which had the designers from Changing Rooms on it but they changed a piece of furniture instead. We had the posh bloke who was always pushing the hair out of his eyes! He left a lot to be desired and our lovely old dresser, well it wasn't that lovely, he decided what we had to do was cover it in ripped up pieces of photocopied newspaper and put a fake quill on the top of it. He then covered it in old tea to age it and then varnish!Mmmmm really nice. The thing is the designers are only then when they are filming, as soon as the cameras finished the designers just disappeared and all of these little assistants appeared and did all of the work. They only half finished the job and it completely ruined our dresser. It was a great display for our window though as the only reason I arranged for us to go on the show was we wanted some publicity for the book shop we were running at the time!!

Takes deep breath and reveals that I was once a contestant of Blind Date, many years ago now. I was no.3, sadly the picker chose no.2. It was scripted to within an inch of its life, but was a good laugh. We stayed in a posh hotel and were paid an entertainments fee for appearing, which was 75 pound, which way back then (was 18) felt like a fortune. At least I can laugh about it now. The picker was a dead ringer for Rick Astley, and when i walked off I swore he looked disapointed lol (but on reflection, it could have easily been relief!!)

Claire x

Takes deep breath and reveals that I was once a contestant of Blind Date, many years ago now. I was no.3, sadly the picker chose no.2. It was scripted to within an inch of its life, but was a good laugh. We stayed in a posh hotel and were paid an entertainments fee for appearing, which was 75 pound, which way back then (was 18) felt like a fortune. At least I can laugh about it now. The picker was a dead ringer for Rick Astley, and when i walked off I swore he looked disapointed lol (but on reflection, it could have easily been relief!!)

Claire x

That is the bravest confession I ever heard. I used to tell my lads 'never bring home a girl who could have been on that show'.

xD:o

in the late 80s me and a friend were in a nightclub and the owner kept beckoning us over- we thought we were in trouble for something! and kept avoiding him! eventually he caught up with us us and said they were going to film an episode of "spender" (detective series with jimmy nail set in newcastle) and would we like to be extras!

it was during the day but we had to turn up dressed for a night out (it was a goth/indie club) unfortuately it was my daughters first day at school and we had to be at the club for 9.30- imagine the looks we got at school! had to explain we didnt normally dress like this at 9. am on a monday morning!

was a brilliandt day and the cast were lovely and we got paid 250 pound!! dont think my daughter was impressed though!!

:o my nan used to live next door but one to Fatima WHitbread in the late 70's early eighties when she was in the papers all the time.

I used to stay with my nan and play with her brothers.

One of then was really nice looking and i told all my mates at school i was going out with him and they used to think i was really cool! but It was a lieas he told me once I needed to grow up and was really horrible to me.

in the early 90s me and a friend were in a nightclub and the owner kept beckoning us over- we thought we were in trouble for something! and kept avoiding him! eventually he caught up with us us and said they were going to film an episode of "spender" (detective series with jimmy nail set in newcastle) and would we like to be extras!

Did you see much of the man himself, jaycooks?

Did you see much of the man himself, jaycooks?

yes he was very down to earth! and a bit naughty! he invited one of the other extras back to his room for A curry!!

Jason Gardener - Olympic sprinter - only my brother in laws best man last week at my sisters wedding!!

Actually I know him quite well and hadn't considered him famous but I guess he is!

can anyone recall eastenders reintroducing Vicky a few years back? she had a dodgy fake american cum cockney accent? thats my boyfriends cousin, Scarlett Johnson. she was recently in brit film Adulthood. Never met her but met her Dad (his uncle)