Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Claim To Fame

Guest Wolfie

I KNEW I had another one! I used to teach Steven Sidwell when he was four - he's just signed for Chelsea from Reading! I taught him all he knows......... :oxD

I used to live next door to Don Brennan from Coronation Street (dont know his real name we werent that friendly!) I was stood next to Leslie Grantham in a card shop and ...... this is the best ..... I followed Michael Stipe (REM) like a mad stalker when he was visiting my town on tour. I didn't pluck up the courage to speak to him I just walked behind him with my jaw touching the floor! (I was a big fan)ha ha. Oh and I met Milly from This Life (again dont know her real name) when she came in to the takeaway I worked in. She had a small vegetarian if anyone wants to know ha ha. Impressive - not!

Oh and I met Milly from This Life (again dont know her real name) when she came in to the takeaway I worked in. She had a small vegetarian if anyone wants to know ha ha. Impressive - not!

Prefer large carnivores, myself! But I couldn't eat a hole one...

Maz

• 1 year later...

Ok, because someone asked me to mention this in here so as not to steal a thread. I'm in a teaching guide book!

When I was at uni I was asked to do an interview about my course and my tips etc on being a student teacher. That was published just after I graduated in 2002. When the 2nd edition of the book came out a couple of years ago I did another interview as obviously things had changed I was teaching in Special by then.

The book is called the Guerilla Guide to Teaching by Sue Cowley.

Hmm.. I'm trying to thik of what I can add to this..

I met half of McFly once? And one of them called me gorgeous :o:( :(

Once at Dorney Lake, Lisa from Eastenders came and told me I'd rowed really well. I couldn't figure out why she thought I had rowed, when I realised I had been wearing my friends jacket. Which had my friends name, and rowing club on the back!

I hope she didn't think I was called Rob.. haha

Oh, And I'm related to Gordon Brown? xD

Ok here's mine!!

I once nearly met the Duke of Edinburgh, I say nearly as he was visiting a place where I used to work and we were all lined up to meet him. The phone went and I as was the receptionist, I had to go and answer the phone!!!!

I also met our local TV's crimecall guy. He was in buying a tv dinner!!!

Oh and the last time I was flying across to see my sister (last April) Alex Higgins (snooker player) was on our flight. Saw him when we were getting off plane and collecting luggage and he also stood very close to us in the meeting area, while we were waiting for my sister. Very frail looking but still had very bright piercing eyes!!

Oh and me and my cousin nearly got knocked over by Prince Andrew!!!

We were visiting London years ago when I was still a kid, standing outside Buckingham Palace, gates opened and Prince Andrew drove out like a madman! I just remember the car whizzing past my ear, but according to my sister, it was Prince Andrew. She was delighted, cause she thought he was georgous. I think if he had of knocked me over, it would have made her day cause he would have had to stop the car and get out!!!

Not many for me - apart from my hero Mick Hucknall - met him (along with many others) at his book signing a couple of years ago. Oh and I met Sir Steve Redgrave when he officially opened a nursery I worked at, his neice used to attend.

My daughter works in a telephone shop and often rings me to tell me who she has just served/seen; Jeremy Paxman, Anthony Worrall Thompson, Philip Schofield, Liam Gallagher, Heston Blumentahl's PA (does he count) and the lady who does 60 Minute Makeover (not Claire Sweeney though!).

We once saw Pam St Clair (Pat Butcher off Eatenders) in Sainsbury's, my now ex-husband and 2 children (younger then) thought it was hilarious to follow her round shouting "Rickyyyyyyy" (hence why he's an ex husband lol) much to my embarrassment - I did disown them though!!

Not many for me - apart from my hero Mick Hucknall - met him (along with many others) at his book signing a couple of years ago.

So that is a picture of him on the FSF addicts group on facebook then? I thought it was but couldn't see clearly from the photo!

MrsWeasley is wondering who Mick Hucknall is...

Maz

Oh and I met Sir Steve Redgrave when he officially opened a nursery I worked at, his neice used to attend.

I've met him a few times at various rowing events.

The first time he said to me "Hello.. I'm.. Oh well you know who I am" so I said "No, sorry. Don't think I do" :o And another time, he asked me if I wanted his towel? xD

Yes Maz - that's me and "my man" on the FSF addicts page on FB. I will get the photo on here eventually!

Have you enlightned MrsWeaseley? My poor children were brought up on a musical diet of Simply Red hits and can now recognise many of his songs even before I do!!! My daughter has bought us tickets to see him at the O2 in April (7th time for me, 1st for her); cant wait!!

I've met him a few times at various rowing events.

The first time he said to me "Hello.. I'm.. Oh well you know who I am" so I said "No, sorry. Don't think I do" :o And another time, he asked me if I wanted his towel? xD

Don't blame you for reacting like that - I'd say the same - even if I did know him, (

(pompous twit)

Wow! Were you mentioned by name? Should I buy a copy and get you to sign it? :o

Maz

PS: love your photo, too!

Mentioned by name and in the 2nd edition there's a little photo of me in there. I have a copy of the 1st edition and I have to admit that when the 2nd edition came out I took my friend to the bookshop to find me in it but I decided against having 2 copies of the same book just because I was in it. Sadly there was no free book due to the small budgets Sue works with.

Oh and thanks for the nice comment about my photo!

Prince Philip asked me what I did for the community section of my Gold D of E award when we went to St James' Palace to collect our certificates and badges. I also had Sir Trevor McDonald come and congratulate me and shale my hand too! Having looked back at the photo recently, I'm beginning to think it was something to do with the hat!!!!

According to my boyfriend of the time, I was eyed up by Graham Le Saux (footballer) in the Armani store in central London. :o I'm not sure who was more impressed at the time - me or the now-ex thinking his girlf was being eyed up by a premiership footballer!!!

I love this thread, I get rediculously start struck- when Angela Anning was at Uni EY conference and stood behind her getting tea and my friend was telling her there were no cups I was stood behind eyes wide mouthing 'it's Angela Anning! it's Angela Anning!' haha I was such a goon! xD

I have pathetic claim to fames otherwise- when 8 I was on the local news writing to the council asking them not to move my family out of our gorgeous-but-freezing-cold-in-winter castle flat... now we have central heating I have never looked back lol

I met Kate (can't remember her surname) from BB3 at B'ham clothes show and was telling her all about how I had to get up at 7 flippin am to catch the train, of course she was very interested to hear my teenage woes :(

Not sure I have any more sadly :( if I think of any more I will of course let you know! Can't wait to hear some more :o

I saw Nick Ross from Crimewatch in the pub yesterday and had an overwhelming urge to go over and say "Don't have nightmares, do sleep well!". My OH wouldn't let me though. :o

Well I've got a great one, I was on Songs of Praise when it was held in Wells Cathedral back when I was little!! I was also on the Holiday Programme when they did a small piece about summer activity holidays which were held at Millfield School in Street!! I was bobbing up and down in the swimming pool. Oh and I was also interviewed on Business Lunch a few years ago when I helped a friend, organise and hold a small Baby and Toddler Show at the Bath and West Showground whilst we both had small children and I was heavily pregnant with my second!!

Sorry I haven't met many famous people, none that I would want to admit to anyway!

Oooh - I was on songs of praise too - i'd forgotten about that. I was about 14 and was allowed time off school 'cos it was filmed over two weekdays! I had to sit with a bloke and a woman and pretend to be with them! That's cos my Mum and Dad had 4 of us - they were spreading us about a bit!

My little sister rode a roundabout horse - steam gallopers - with Clive Dunn.

I'm not sure who was more impressed at the time - me or the now-ex thinking his girlf was being eyed up by a premiership footballer!!!

:o Men! Tsk!

Would love to see that photo though... xD

Talking of photos, MrsWeasley was looking on a college website yesterday and was shocked to find her dear mother's picture... she's threatening to post a link as my claim to fame... :(

Maz