Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Claim To Fame

Inspired by Biccy's introductory post I thought I would ask you all what is your claim to fame? or maybe infamous fame :o:(

My claim to fame is that I 'jammed' with Dylan Burns, lead singer of Body Rockers. He is the brother of my sons best mates, ( twins who have known my son Ellis for 21 yrs, since he was 3 yrs, they became friends at preschool)

Dylan was at our local pub ( his dad being the landlord) and we 'jammed' away on our guitars into the early hours of the morning. This was about a year before he became famous with Body Rockers, although he had previously had a No 1 hit in France.

And yes, he is hunky in real life too. xD His hit, "I like the way you move" was written by him, his inspiration for the song was all his female fans / groupies who follow him to gigs.

Peggy

Guest tinkerbell

Wow Peggy that is impressive!

My claim to fame is being related to the band master of the Titanic the one who is said to have played on as the ship sank...he was my grandmothers cousin.

Tinkerbellx

I was once in a lift with Lenny Henry and I pressed the wrong button and took us both to the basement!!! He did call me a dizzy b*tch though :o

Sue

Guest Wolfie

I babysat for Roy Kinnear's next door neighbour and also babysat Hannah Waterman's best friend. And I know someone in the new Harry Potter film. Oh come on, I MUST be able to do better than that....... :oxD:(

On my 17th birthday I kissed Morrisey from The Smith's,(he was in a club in Bath) unfortunately I don't think he had much say in the matter as I had been celebrating all day and could hardly stand up! :oxD

Shirel, I'm really green with envy now, to this day I still adore Morrissey!

My only claim to fame was when I worked for Royal Mail being interviewed by the local news about 20 years ago just before we went on strike!

Loads of my family were extras in the movie Bhowani Junction and my mum and nan went for tea with Stewart Granger and Ava Gardner.

Karrie

I used to work for Peter Gabriel, so have met lots of 'famous' people.......AND I have done backing vocals as part of a group, for the band James, on a track called 'Low'......if you have the album, i am a 'kitchenette!.........i also have had thankyou's on several albums, including peter's and bands such as Stereophonics . :)

i used to look after Anthony Worrell Thompsons kiddies......................and my son went to thier house for his sons birthday party!!!!

.........but really im still waiting............. :o

I was taught at School by Harry Patterson (Jack Higgins) and also by David Cregan (playwright). I spent a week in London workng with Googie Withers, Eileen Atkins and various others whose names I can't remember, at the Royal Court Theatre. I sang in Canterbury Cathedral ( Birmingham Sunday) as part of a concert against apartheid.

George Melly and Sue Johnson rode around Liverpool in my 2CV as part of the March for Jobs in the 70's. They had to take the seats out to stand up in it.

I sang as part of a choir at Royal Albert Hall one Christmas for Malcolm Sargent Cancer Fund for children, and they made a Christmas record,(Also on a couple of Lps made of school choir performances)

Been to a Royal Garden Party , met Queen (different time), accompanied Princess Micheal of Kent for an hour on a visit (sorry cannot say where)

Sister is friend of Tom Robinson, (now a DJ on radio 5 but for those of a certain age recorded original of -2 4 6 8 Motorway ) met him several times at her place and been to concerts etc. ended up with CDs aplenty when they were producing his music for a while.

Inge

oh yes and Sir Cliff Richard..several times he was local to where i grew up and did concerts at his old school in the hall for about 40 people - this was in the late 60s early 70s ..showing my age a bit here.

Edited by Inge

Wow - lots of great claims to fame. Um, .... I am friends with Jim Noir (his second album is out this summer). I have stood at the bar with countless actors from Hollyoaks and said "excuse me" to Rio Ferdinand, on nights out in Manchester!? My sister is friends with an actress who was on Grange Hill back in late 1970s/early 80s and one of her sons (who I babysat once or twice) stars in TV shows (Dr Who) and countless adverts. My old English teacher starred in a few films and writes plays for Radio Four.

Sorry, not much cop.

(I'm jealous about Narnia singing with James and Shirel kissing Morrissey - you lucky things)

Guest MaryEMac

Ummm, well my grandad was related to the actor who played Mr Wilkes on Emmerdale. I ended up on the local TV news when they did a pice about the playgroup's stick insects. We started out with 3 and finished up with about 500 :o I put a piece in our local paper to see if I could get rid of them and the TV picked up the story. Ooh and my husband has had a drink with the actor who played Sergeant Lynch on Z Cars (ok, I know that's going back a bit) xD

Mary

Hmm, I've met Bob Holness and Richard Stilgoe when I was performing in the School's Proms at the Royal Albert Hall 11 years ago.

I've been on stage with Carly Stenson from Hollyoaks in a dance/singing show in 2002 or 3, can't remember when it was now.

Erm... I was interviewed by American TV when I was 17. Granted it was only the local news channel and my bit was never shown on TV but they did interview me when I was on a music exchange there.

My friend from dance class was on the last series of X Factor but didn't make it past the judges as her 2 friends both decided it would be a good time to sing out of tune!

Nothing better than that I don't think!

Not mine but...a dinner lady at my children's school was stopped a few weeks ago by ROBBIE WILLIAMS he asked directions to a local retreat where lots of famous people go in Somerset, Chris Martin and Gwyneth were there also!!!!

I took an iron and ironing board to Jason Donovan when he was staying in the hotel I was working in.

Elfy

:oxD:( Aww I love Jason! He was my teen idol!

Just thought of another 1. I met and spoke with Matthew Kelly when he opened our sensory room at work!

WWWWHHHHHHHHooooo

Need to add to my claims to fame xD

I was born as the Great Train Robbery was taking place giving my mum a prefect alibi (no googling the date please!)

When I was working in London as a nanny I met Shirley Bassey, David Niven and Mary O'Hara ( an x nun who played a harp for the younger members :( ).The lady I worked for made a fortune from business and is often in business type papers.

A primary school friend is now a TV presenter but I won't name her as she came back, made a documentary about it and slagged the city off big style :(

Once had a drink in a hotel bar with Tony Robinson (timeteam)

My dad is a judge for the Royal Rose Society.I live in hope he will be asked to do Chelsea :o then i will wear the big hat I've been saving.

As someone who actually despises the whole fame culture I couldn't actually post in this thread but if I must...............................

I have met Princess Anne, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and Cameron Stout from Big Brother. I have Craig Charles from Red Dwarfs autograph since my dad was a prison officer and he was his 'teaboy'. Last weekend I was at the British Grand Prix and was in the Ferrari tent and saw Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa and also Murray Walker out and about in the paddock. My husband has met Prince Andrew and Camilla at different times too. Might think we are great fans of the royals from this but it is just coincidence! :o

I was in the paper after I had to deliver my daughter in the back of our car because we didn't make it to the hospital in time. Does that count?

My husband was in a BBC2 documentary when he was a pig farmer. The Beeb came to film us 'enjoying a family roast dinner' and interviewing hubby at the same time. The funny thing was that, since marrying my husband and helping him feed the piggies I gave up eating meat (purely choice not for any moral/ethical reasons) so I was tucking into my nut roast! When they finished filiming they gave us a cheque for £250 for our expenses. Still have a video of it. Cringeworthy!! Describing the reproductive process with the pigs, my husband actually said something rhyming with 'bag' on the telly (four letters)!

I was in the paper after I had to deliver my daughter in the back of our car because we didn't make it to the hospital in time. Does that count?

YES it does Moose, reminds me my sister gave birth to my nephew nephew on the local railway station platform, first I knew about i was when I saw it on the front cover of my local paper :o

Peggy

OOOh, very jealous of Beau! In my dreams i have of course met several of the F1 teams!

I have a few claims to fame, ive been on stage at the Liverpool philamonic, have been shopping and spoken to Michelle and Stuart of big b, and louise and another actor from hollyoaks, who actually swore in front of my nephew and spent the next 30 mins appologising as we carried on shopping, also drink in the same pub as most of the cast of hollyoaks, some are a lot taller than you would think! Have also been in croxteth park whilst they were filming! Met Sinbad from brookside lovely man!

You know that thing about knowing everyone by association with others..went to same college as mel c, family relations to les dennis, member of boy band eton road of x factor fame,

Oh and most importantly... if you remember the part on monsters inc where mike (the one with a big eye) had his photo taken but there was something in front of him?. well my arm was in the paper once! i was so excited!

I've sung as part of different choirs in Lincoln Cathedral and De Montfort Hall, Leicester in my student days. Spoken to the lovely Tom Paxton and had to answer a question of geology asked by the Duke of Edinburgh when I was in the Award Scheme as a 6th Former.

Another claim to fame, my best friend from Secondary school was on TV yesterday with her husband and twin girls talking about premature babies and issues of bonding. They did a magazine interview and that was how TV picked up on them and asked them in for bliss campaign. They are now also on local TV and in local papers. Very brave to be on TV (not something I would do) but an important issue.