Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Name For Class

hi i need some help, i have to choose a new name for my new class, it has to be an animal, there are so many to choose, cant have some of the names already chosen for obvious reasons, can i have some suggetions, want something interesting.

cheers

Guest Wolfie

Do you have any knowledge of the "characteristics" of your class as a group yet? Do they remind you of any particular animal?!?!

Edited by Wolfie

i cant let the children choose as the school need to know before i get my class. im also starting this school september coming from another school, so will not have chance to meet them.

it follows no theme other than any aniaml, classes they have had this year are bears, ducklings, lions, otters, bees, dophins, badgers, penguins, i think thats it.

i thought of a few and my mum suggested meerkats i quite like this its orginal. what do think any other sugetions.

My current nursery have pandas, parrots, monkeys and lions. Can you have an endangered animal and then adopt one for the class to cover during the year? :o

I Like your idea Rea, apologies for being a spoilsport but why do the 'powers that be' want to call a group of children after an animal????? This has always bewildered me, likewise I don't particularly like the term 'kid or kids' ( baby goats).

Whats wrong with R1, R2 etc ( ie Reception 1)

I know its not your choice so trying to be helpful, if I had to I would choose owls, or owlets, for no other reason than Owl Babies is one of my favourite childrens stories. :o

Peggy

.................. a fictional animal name that defies all synthetic phonics :oxD

Peggy

Klares Klass! Possibly with the addition of a green grocer's apostrophe just to really hit all my punctuational pedant's buttons...

Maz

What about 'Gruffaloes' Peggy?

hmmm, as long as the children don't 'grump' all the time. xD ( now I'm worried I've got the wrong story, I always mix Gruffalo up with another similar story which title is evading me at the moment)

or should it be Gruffoli, what is the plural for Gruffalo ? :o:(

Peggy

Being an addict of Meercat Manor I have to go with your mum

They live as a large supportive extended family group with a matriarch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)