Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Needed

belle06

Hi

I am wanting to complete my eyps as soon as possible at the moment just doing my FD should I bypass collecting the FD and use my credit points and just add 60 more to make a BA or should I claim the FD and add 100 more points to get the BA and have a fd and a BA?? Or should I do the FD register with a EYPS provider and do the long extended pathway and do my EYPS and BA top up together in 15 months. Any suggestions would be great. Shelley

ooooh that's a tough one! I will start the second year in September and will have the same dilemma in a year or so....so sorry can't help although I am looking forward to what you decide and what advice you receive, at the moment, for me I think the EYPS and BA together 15month option appeals but I may change all that in a year, xD it is a tricky situation as I worry about the EYPS and it's whole 'status' :( being recognised long -term, if you achieve QTS you will be a teacher no questions asked but then you have the PGCE year as well to do??? :(:o

Edited by Guest

Hi

I am wanting to complete my eyps as soon as possible at the moment just doing my FD should I bypass collecting the FD and use my credit points and just add 60 more to make a BA or should I claim the FD and add 100 more points to get the BA and have a fd and a BA?? Or should I do the FD register with a EYPS provider and do the long extended pathway and do my EYPS and BA top up together in 15 months. Any suggestions would be great. Shelley

And breathe!

Am a little confused here - what do you mean by 'bypass collecting the FD'?

I would have thought the quickest way would be to do the EYP and BA at the same time - 15 months as you say - having graduated and received your Foundation Degree certificate (which you'll need to be accepted on the EYP programme anyway).

How long will it take to gain the BA (a year/six months?) and will this necessarily enable you to meet all the EYP criteria (or close enough to enable you to do the short or validation pathway)?

Perhaps when you know how long that route would take you could make your decision...

Out of interest, why are you in a hurry to finish it as quickly as possible? Other than getting your life back, of course...

Maz

i agree with Maz not sure what you mean about the bypass bit???? when do you finish your FD???

you have to finish the FD to get on the eyps and do your top up at same time..... :o

Question by question if I accept the FD award to top it up to a BA I need an extra 100 credit points that have not been used towards the FD if I do not claim my completed courses towards a FD (240 points for the degree) I would only need to do another 60 points rather than 100 which would complete my BA bu June next year this would mean I could take the validation route but unsure weather I would benefit from taKING the long route and having more time. was hoping someone who was doing one of the routes could let me know how they had found it. I am hoping to finish as soon as possible due to funding conditions and the fact I have been studying for 4 years now and need my life back as you said.

Am a little confused here - what do you mean by 'bypass collecting the FD'?

I would have thought the quickest way would be to do the EYP and BA at the same time - 15 months as you say - having graduated and received your Foundation Degree certificate (which you'll need to be accepted on the EYP programme anyway).

How long will it take to gain the BA (a year/six months?) and will this necessarily enable you to meet all the EYP criteria (or close enough to enable you to do the short or validation pathway)?

Perhaps when you know how long that route would take you could make your decision...

Out of interest, why are you in a hurry to finish it as quickly as possible? Other than getting your life back, of course...

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)