Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Website Design

It depends how much you want to spend as to what you put on there.

You could have a really basic one with just a few pages that have contact details, curriculum philosophy and details of each room, sample menu, opening times and session charges.

For a more developed site, you could include staffing details, newsletters, events, picture galleries, photos of all the rooms, sample planning, details of trips, downloadable prospectus...

I haven't got a site of my own to share, but if you look at Parenta's website you can check out some of their samples to see what to include. The websites they develop have lots of parenting pages that run behind the nursery site as well and comes at a cost, but the overall service is really good.

Guest Wolfie

It would be well worth you putting out feelers with the parents at your nursery because you might just find that one of them can help in some way, either because they work for an IT design company or they fancy having a go themselves! Also, if you have any local colleges, there are often students who need to do a project like setting up a website as part of their course who might be able to help.

I think the most basic question you need to ask yourself is how much you expect/want to be able to change the content on the website. If you simply want a few pages acting as an 'online brochure' which gives details of the facilities, opening times, fees, contact details etc., then you would be looking for a fairly basic web design agency and not expecting to pay much.

If, however, you'd like to be able to post pictures, news and other content yourself, you'll need to consider something a little more complex - either something like Parenta, as RB suggests, where they would probably be charging you a regular fee for an ongoing service - or alternatively (and Parenta may well do this as well), a site design that includes something called a 'content management system (CMS), where you can add your own content through a browser interface.

Hope that makes sense! :o

I developed a website for my mum's pre-school and it was free to do! I used Freewebs - just type that into google, it was fairly straight forward to do. You can have unlimited pages. Adverts come on each page but that isn't a problem and that's why its free, you can pay a small annual fee to have them removed but we haven't. I really enjoyed designing it and its very easy to update. If you like I can PM you the link to our website, just let me know :o

Laura

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)