Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Other Websites Instead Of Sparklebox?

Hello everyone,

We at school like many others have stopped using Sparklebox and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about other similar wesites to help us with classroom labels and resources etc?

I use communication4all and TES already.

Many thanks,

Jane

http://www.primaryplan.co.uk/

http://www.primaryclassroomresources.co.uk/

http://www.childcareland.com/free.html

http://www.teachershelp-teachingresources.co.uk/

sorry totally disagree that there is nothing out there to replace Sparklebox there are many far better and more appropriate resources available

I hope teachers will be a bit more discerning with their materials rather than just grabbing at convenient freebies.

Edited by Marion

I totally agree Marion.

Sparklebox made factual errors on some of his resources such as historical timelines, and my biggest bugbear was when he put zero on an object. :o

Zero on an object? What do you mean?

How illogical! I think you do need to be quite discriminating when choosing resources - and perhaps sometimes the word 'free' might blind people to the fact that the reources themselves might not be very helpful, or might even confuse children.

Thank you all for these alternative websites - for those of us with little time to make our own resources it is good to get some diversity into displays and not go overboard with one particular style.

Maz

Hi all - have I missed something here with 'Sparklebox'. My Early Years Rep recommended the site about a year

ago and I have found it quite useful! It sounds like there may be a reason not to use it!!! Apologies if i'm the only one

who missed a past discussion. :oxD

dottyp

I have used Sparklebox previously but really only because I could find quite useful labels which could be edited for making name labels. I've got a personal issue with each child having a different picture for their name for self registration, coat peg, etc and I used the same basic picture and added names and photos on where necessary. Has anyone come across anything like this in their searching because all the labels I find tend to be either uneditable or they offer you 30-40 different images per page so each child can be a different picture.

(I'm very cold so apologies if this doesn't even make the most basic of sense!)

I haven't found a site that does this for me so I just make my own using the clipart on Word, choosing a picture that begins with the same initial letter sound as their name. It doesn't take much time because I just use the same template and recycle the clip art pictures once the child has left.

Hope you get warm soon, Holly!

Maz

thanks everyone for these websites. I have used sparklebox a lot, especially being new to EYs. I do make my own resources, but if someone else has made something, I don't see the point in redoing it.

Off now to gain more inspiration.

Oh, my xD ! I have not been around for a while and had heard some unclear comments about not knowing exactly what was happening with this web site and the owner himself. What a pity! I have so many confused feelings... anger :( because we did not know what was happening and he was taking advantage :o of his web site users... sadness :( for those who could have been affected and also sadness towards someone who can have such a sick soul. I am just still in shock. Do people with this mental/emotional sickness really get cured sometime :wacko: ? I hope so, for his sake... but specially for the children.

By the way... thanks for the new and safe web sites shared on this tread :(

Edited by SmileyPR