Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree Interview

Hi,

I posted my application to do the Foundation Degree at college on Tuesday, can't believe it, i got a phone call today to ask me for an interview tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have managed to get the morning of work. I have been told i will have a 20 mins interview and then a twenty mins written test ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The advice i need is, has anyone else done the interview and completed the test. I am not looking for answers, its just an insight as to what i might have to write an essay about. I am fine with writing essays, (well, i was many moons ago :o ) just wondering what to read up on tonight really to make sure i am up to date.

Thank you

Rosepetal

Guest Wolfie

I can't help I'm afraid - just wanted to wish you good luck! I'm pretty sure someone here has recently gone through the same, hopefully they'll log on tonight and see your post! If not, do a quick search under Foundation Degree and the thread might come up?

Let us know how it goes! :o

When I went for my interview last Sept it was very informal - more of a chat about what the course involved, finding a mentor, any questions etc. i didn't do a test on the day of the interview, but on induction day i had to do what they called a diagnostic maths and english test on the computer :o i also did another test during ict to find out what sort of learner i was i.e. kinesthetic, visual etc. hope it all goes well - just be yourself and i'm sure they will be welcoming you with open arms cos after all, they want 'bums on seats' to pay their wages!

my written test was about the EYFS.....they gave us a piece from the newspapers about it, and then asked us to comment..........we had twenty minutes and she wanted us to try to write about one A4 sheet, but it took ages to read the article, so no-one wrote that much! The rest was pretty much what you'd expect...why did i want to do the course, what do I hope to gain from it.......what professional development, etc and just a bit about me really.........good luck!

Hi rosepetal.Sorry no facts to give in terms of guidance not having gone through this but wishing you the very best of luck for your interview. luluj

(Congratulations on your successful application Andremanny.)

Well, I did the interview this morning, interview was fine, was able to answer the questions asked. The assessment was in deed an essay, i had to write about how children are effected by discrimination in our society and how adult behaviour would effect a childs view of discrimination. Well, the topic is easy enough, if the question had been put to me verbally, i would have answered it no problem, but when it comes to putting it into words in an essay form, well, the mind blanked for about five minutes then i started writing and i think i just babbled on. So, i now have an anxious three week wait to hear if i have been accepted, now that its over with, i am thinking, oh no i didn't put a heading on the essay and i didn't even do paragraphs, i just wrote two pages of A4 non stop thoughts ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If i don't get accepted i will apply to the OU, i won't give up without a fight :o

Thanks for all the advice.

Rosepetal

Had mine today, too! Three weeks seems to be a long time to wait to hear whether you've got onto the programme though. Try to forget about it, if you can!

Good luck

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)