Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications

Can anyone clarify what qualifications staff should have and when they should be achieved.

We are a pre-school.

Two members of staff are teacher qualified (with a third coming on board in Sept)

One member has NVQ level 3 early years childcare and education

Two staff have NVQ level 2 early years childcare and education

My understanding is that by 2008 all necessary staff should be workig towards NVQ level 3 and should definately be there by 2010. Is this right :o

Is their still funding to get these folks to level 3.

Guest toddleo

I can't believe they expect all staff to be working towards level 3, that is quite a stressful qualification, and a lot of child care assistants, would be horrified at that prospect. My self (deputy) and My boss (leader) are both level 3 qualified, and we are getting funding to train another girl to level 3, I understand that half of remaining staff should be level 2

My self (deputy) and My boss (leader) are both level 3 qualified, and we are getting funding to train another girl to level 3, I understand that half of remaining staff should be level 2

That's my understanding too. There should be money available from the Transformation Fund to support staff to improve their qualifications.

Maz

I have been told by the leading officer of one of our local trainers that level 3 should only really be for somebody who is in a supervisory role. Don't know if this will change in the future.

Linda

In our area at least transformation funding is no use to us as a sessional preschool as we already have someone degree qualified. The only bit we can access is free trainings from the inclusion service. The big money goes to full daycare settings.

Alwyn

same here, not eligible for additional funding but would be if full daycare even though we run 2 sessions a day

but the students are eligible for funding to cover the training for degree they claim it themselves, just we cannot get the additional funds to be able to pay them or pay for cover staff as full daycare can.

Inge

Edited by Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)