Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Basic Skills Timetabling

We've been told that we have to specify 'basic skills' on our timetables and I was wondering who else is doing this? To me pretty much everything we do is basic skills, but I think what they are after is just literacy or numeracy (the fact that the children cant toilet or feed themselves when they start seems to not matter as long as they can read). So for example our daily phonics session would be basic skills so I cant help but think that the whole of our timetable will just then say basic skills. How are others managing this one and if you are having explicit separate sessions called basic skills what exactly are doing in them?

Thanks..

Cant help mundia but I agree at this age isnt everything a basic skill, until they're ready for the next one?

I do wonder whether the people giving the advice are at the chalk face so to speak or whether they sometimes come up with stuff for a laugh. xD

But then, I suppose we could all do with a bit more laughter being passed around. :o:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)