Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well I Went To This Interview........

beth1

As some of you know I have had a couple of interviews in the last day or so. :rolleyes:

Well I went to an interview today, the postion is a room leader for the over 2's room after the 12 weeks trial as per usual, so starting as a nursery nurse. :unsure: I feel I did really well overall with the questions with confidence. :( Even if I have not planned for ages using the B23 and FSC I aswered the questions well, infact thank you to you lot and my college course cohort I somewhat remembered that we now planned for the children's interests since I had last planned. ;) I think I must have left a good impresssion because............. :(:oxD

Within a couple of hours leaving the setting, the nursery manager rang back and they asked me if I could attend a 'get to know you/us' type of trial. :ph34r: :wacko: I am now looking forward to Monday in getting to know everyone. :ph34r::ph34r: Fingers crossed I get the job as this just feels right, they are also seem fine that I am studying for the Foundation Degree Early Years course and are willing to accommodate the hours at college. xD:(:ph34r:

Beth

Is it so cold down there that you think Beth needs a vest? :o:(

:wacko: xD , sorry about the typo, I have noticed I'm making quite a few typo errors lately, not sure if is my tiredness or my keyboard xD . Plus I have unpacked about 30 vests for our 4 children who have arrived :( .

BEST wishes Beth :(

Peggy

Just a wee update, I have been for to the setting for a couple of hours. :( I enjoyed myself, the children move around the room with their key person in differentl groups. xD I felt a little lost a times I just got on with it. :( I was getting a little concered about not looking as if I am doing anything because of the grouping of the children. :o Apperently I did really well and they will get back to me in a couple of days. :( :wacko:

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee update I didn't get the job. :wacko: I am now waiting to ring the nursery manager to find out why. I have a bad feeling that one of my references have given me a very bad reference due :( , to the nature that they were maybe serious of giving me the postion depending upon my references. :o

If it is the referee I think it is, well they don't know what will hit them!!! :(:(xD

Beth

Your referees aren't allowed to give 'bad' references. The employer must use all reasonable skill and care to make sure the facts contained in the reference are accurate and that the opinions expressed in the reference are reasonable.

Even if the reference is factually accurate, the employer must avoid creating an unfair impression of the employee concerned, for example by focussing on negative facts and omitting to include more positive facts about the employee.