Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fun Day

Hi everyone, I hoping someone will be able to give me some advice. We are having a fun day in july on a saturday and was just wondering about insurance. I'm assuming our normal insurance wouldn't cover it so do you think it's worth giving the PLA insurance a ring to see what they say.

Also if anyone has any ideas for stalls etc. We are having face painting, refreshments, raffle, tombola, stalls for anything parents want to sell like jewellry, virgin vie etc. We are also selling the children's artwork in frames.

thank you

Laura :o

phone your insurance to tell them you are doing it. most companies cover you although it is on saturday. if they won't cover it they might be able to extend your cover for a fee.

Good luck

How about making playdough and wrapping it attractively and selling that? Have you a Russ toys near you? They have always been fantastic in our area for donating small teddies, key rings etc etc that could be sold on a stall, maybe the punch balloons from baker ross too?

Good luck!

Our PLA insurance covers us for this as part of the policy for outings events fetes etc away from the premises....they will give safety guidelines for firework disoplays so you will need a call to check but you may well find you are covered.

we usually do a treasure hunt at local school fete, using pots of dry sand , a sand tray and cups or pots of different sizes. we fill pots with sand and put a coin or token in them, children then pay for a cup of sand to sieve and get a prize. it can be as big or little as you want, tokens for small gifts can be used or just cash winnings. we did it one year with just cash and children were delighted at winning 5p ( having spent 20p on the game!) there were some £1.00 and £2.00 coins too we just kept tally and put in coins so we made a profit! beauty of this is you already have everything you need to hand!

Inge

Edited by Inge

I have found hook-a-duck or hook-a-fish very profitable, Baker ross do sell a kit for £19.99 or you could design your own and the water doubles up as somewhere to put your feet when they have all gone when you take 5 before cleaning up. we charge 20p a go and give a prize once they have hooked, parents are very keen to have a go especially when their smaller ones can't cope.

I did one year try a Baker ross tombola but I hated it I felt so sorry when they did not win, and had I have realised the box of leftovers had to be posted back at our expense I would have sold them off, so now I stick to my hook-a duck as each entrant gets a prize- i normally award a small bag of sweets like haribo or make up my own bags after a trip to cash n carry.

Thanks for all your ideas. My internet has been down so I've been deprived of the forum for a few days :o

One of our staff is fab at making playdough so we'll definitely get her making some. I'll be taking all your suggestions to work tomorrow.

Thanks again

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

We have just had our fun day, we had a bouncy castle, Jar tombola (parents bring in decorated jars filled with sweets, small toys etc.) this is always very popular with the children and is pure profit. we also had a hook the duck, pin the tail on the dragon, second hand toy sale, bottle tombola, guess the number of sweets in a jar and a barbeque. It was a great day and everyone enjoyed it. We were all shattered at the end of the day but hey, that's life!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)