Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nervous...

Tomorrow I go to see the consultant cardiologist. I've been waiting since I ended up in hospital on the 10th March with a racing heartbeat. I've been on beta blockers since, just waiting for the day. I had a 24 hour monitor on thursday- friday and right now, with my appointment just 13 hours away, I feel sick and nervous and I can't sleep.

I always take the view that if something was seriously wrong or if the doctors were worried they would see you sooner rather than later.

Easier said than done, but try to sleep and good luck for those results :o

Fingers crossed for your appointment. Try not to be too nervous, take lots of deep breaths and think positively....(((hugs)))

Guest Wolfie

I agree with Rea, I think that the doctors would have been monitoring you much more closely and regularly if they were really concerned about you. I'm sure everything will be fine today :o - we're all thinking of you - let us know how you get on.

Edited by Wolfie

Well, the appointment was on time (can you believe that!?!) and I'm home already. The good news is that I've been given the all clear! They said they weren't sure what caused my initial palpitations but it could have been trauma from my ankle injury or an infection. All my tests were clear and my heart is in good working order. Got to now slowly come off my beta blockers by the end of the week and I've only got to go back if the palpitations return.

Thanks for your support all.

Very glad to hear it Nichola.

When my dad took beta blockers he started getting off them by cutting them in half, not sure if thats a medical method though :o

Take care xD

That's fab news. Everything is working out for you now by the sounds of things. Here's to a healthier rest of the year!!!

Glad you've got the all clear :o

I'm just wondering - I get palpatations about once a month or so which don't go until I lie down for 5 mins or so. I have mentioned to the doc before but she said it was quite common and nothing to worry about. What happened with yours? Could you not get them to go away? I'm wondering whether I ought to mention it again now....

Glad you've got the all clear :o

I'm just wondering - I get palpatations about once a month or so which don't go until I lie down for 5 mins or so. I have mentioned to the doc before but she said it was quite common and nothing to worry about. What happened with yours? Could you not get them to go away? I'm wondering whether I ought to mention it again now....

I was sat on the bed (couldn't do much else as I'd knackered my ankle the week before) and I just noticed that my heart was racing. It stayed like that for about 10 hours, then I contacted emergency GP etc etc. The palpatations didn't stop till about 36 hours later when I was put on beta blockers after being monitored for 24 in hospital.

If you're worried about what happens to you, I'm sure you could speak to your GP and see what they say. Would do no harm.

Hi Nich!

Just got back from holiday and spending a few minutes catching up before I do battle with the ironing....

So pleased you've got the all clear - you'll be dancing again, soon, then?? If the ankle's ok?

Sue x