Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Laptops, Any Recommendations

Rea

I might buy a laptop (thinking of these drated powerpoints) but have no idea what to look for.

It cant be expensive but must have easy to work wireless internet access.

Any ideas?

I do seem to be asking a lot of questions these days, but you're all so clever... :o

I have a Compaq Presario at home which is simple to use wirelessly OH has a Sony Viao which again is easy to use but was twice the price. My school Toshiba is OK but wasnt so easy to connect wirelessly (its getting old now)

Dells are good value. We have one at home and our Early Years Team have some they use for presentations.

I have an IBM Lenovo thinkpad t43, which is quite easy to use. I know they are quite expensive, but I got mine from ebay (brand new) for almost half the price.

Edited by Clare

Sorry to add to the confusion, but I got a new laptop 12 months ago and really looked into it in some detail. I wanted the best I could get for under £500 and I'm an ICT coord'. I went for an Acer Aspire (1640) and have been completely chuffed with it.

Rea,

hope you are not getting too confused by now? xD

We have an Hp one also very good......

I think these days most are quite good and easy to use, depends on costs and other uses which may determine the specs. you need as well as internet and ppt......

oops sorry :o too much to think about?

Good hunting :(

Inge

Well I supose it was a bit like asking how longs a piece of string, but thank you all for your ideas. I wont look at anything not on this list, I might brave ebay too xD:o

Just thought i would chip in to say with all the money in the world i would love to buy a Sony, however i have always had Advent and after spending £1000 on a Tiny and then less that £500 on an Advent i would definately say top brands dont neccessarily mean better products in this case.

Woolworths have a decent laptop at the moment for £399

Most come with a cd writer and now and plenty or usb ports for extras, 4 is a good number. I plug in my mobile for charging, the printer, bluetooth for wireless photo printing/transfering photos from mobile, and mouse as i hate using the mouse pads. a MMC card slot would be a good feature for printing from the memory card in the camera if your printer doesnt have that facillity.

Good luck. :o

I am a real Dell convert so would definitely recommend them. We bought one for our daughter and she is a complete idiot when it comes to computers and has had no trouble with hers. If its a cheaper model you are looking for then Which recommends the Dell Inspiron 1503 which is £359. However Acer comes out best in the reliability stakes. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)