Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing Good Practice

I teach in a reception class (29 hildren). My continual worry is regarding planning; long term, medium term and short term. As I read through the forum this seems to be quite common. I am hoping that this area could be a place where we can share what we do. For example if anyone has recently been through an OFSTED inspection where their foundation planning was said to be a good example. It would really help if people were willing to shre completed planning formats, ways they link ELG, NNS, NLS. Indoor / outdoor planning. I think its about time good practise was shared. We all aim for the same goals so lets lighten the load and share what we do.

I hope this gets some good response from people who have been through good OFSTED inspections, or LEA inspections.

Many thanks in anticipation

Joanne

Hi Joanne.

welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post.

have you seen the planning formats you can access as a member?

We are always trying to help one another.

Planning is my pet hate and I'm always trying to make it shorter and more appropriate. Seems to me the goal posts are always moving too!

Susan

Hi Joanne

we just went through a combined inspection last week.

Our report was excellent and i am very willing to send u all our planning details the only hiccup is i run a pre school and u say ur in reception so im not sure if it will help you!!!

If you want it anyway email me nas i can only download from my email address. :D

Hi Joanne - we haven't spoken before so -Welcome!!

When I have time to dig about in my stuff, and am fit enough, will sort some and we can get together to see how I can send it to you. I am not so hot on computers - totally self-taught in fact, so please excuse! :o

Have recently had v.good combined Inspection, I'm in Day Nursery, so again, don't know if it'll help, but it's all a sharing which I agree is very important!

Sue R :D

Hi there Joann, welcome to the forum, and thanks for making your first post. One of the things that we are good at here is sharing our ideas, So Im sure you will get the support here. I think we all find planning tough going, and Ive lost count of the number of planning formats I have used over the years.

We have a number of discusssion on planning so tpo get you started, you will them here

and here

and also here

These are not the only ones btu I hope they will be of some use to you in your search. :D

Hi Joann

Just wanted to add my welcome.

Mundia has put in the links for you and I can only add that we are very much into sharing on this site. I am in a pre-school but have learnt a lot from the teachers in main stream school.

If you have any great ideas you can share with us we would welcome them!!

Linda

Wow! What a fast response. I feel like I have had more help from people here than anyone at school or LEA!! Scary hey! I really look forward to seeing some planning as I am sure it will help me! Those of you in pre-school/nurserys I am really interested in that too. Many thanks and I will keep looking here! Joanne1277@aol.com

Joanne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)