Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using Fonts And Colours In Replies

Beau

I have noticed that lots of people are trying to use different fonts and colours etc in their replies, sometimes not particularly successfully. I have recently started to gain a better understanding of HTML and thought I'd let you in on the secret!

When you change the font you get something that comes up like this - The trick is to type the bit you want to change in between the 2 sets of brackets. Then it changes the font inside the brackets to the one you have chosen.

Similarly if you want to change the size, colour or include something in italics or bold etc then you need to type in between the brackets. It becomes slightly more tricky if you want to do more than one thing as sometimes you may have to move some of the brackets so that you have the first ones all at the beginning and the end brackets (which have a / in to indicate the end) at the end of the bit you are typing and want to change.

Hope that hasn't confused too much and helps a few people!

Hmmm, I don't type inbetween any brackets, I just right click my mouse, select the previously typed text then go to fonts and choose from the list, then if I want to change the size, select the whole text again, go to size box above text screen, choose size, then again to change the colour right click mouse to select all the text again, go to the A text button, choose colour. Hey presto text is formatted to my choice.

Peggy

I have noticed that lots of people are trying to use different fonts and colours etc in their replies, sometimes not particularly successfully.

You noticed Beau! Thanks for the tip, very useful to understand why something is happening.

Deb

Easier way is

to type it all out first,

highlight the text you want to change and then change it...

works for me...

Actually new post box has an icon last one top right with 2 arrows on it.

using that you can switch to rich text rather than HTML and see what you do without the brackets appearing.

Then works much like word

(But I still cannot use it on my firefox!!!)

Inge

Edited by Inge

I think the trouble occurs when you want to change the colour, font and size all in one go - I sometimes have trouble remembering that you have to highlight the text, change font, highlight the text, change size, highlight the text, change size.

You can't highlight the text once and do all the changes!

I can't believe there are so many ways to do something that should be so simple...

Now, where's that button??

Oh - found it xD

I bet Steve is holding his head in his hands at this point - how can so many women chat about something so uninteresting as changing fonts :o