Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

This Story Made Me Cry

That is terrible, not only what the mother did, but also the 'sentence' that they were given. As one person commented, if people like this keep getting away with it, it will continue.

Absolutely awful :o

Everybody else has done their job, why haven't the courts done theirs? Everyone is told it is our duty to protect children, which of course it is, but when they do what happens? Have the people who stood up for these children had their actions affirmed?

I too couldn't believe what I was reading and their sentences are a disgrace. They should have been made an example of, to send out the message that children are there to be cared for and protected by all of society. What they did was child abuse, but there was no attempt at a custodial sentence. As you say at least their names are in the public domaine. Surely they should be sent on some sort of parenting programme. Apparently the Grandmother showed no remorse and obviously does not understand that she has done anything wrong. Poor little children, but thank goodness they are now with their Dad and his family.

I heard it on the news and haven't re-read the article as it made me soooo cross.

Apparently (and excuse me if it's in the article) the judge did not give them a custodial sentence as they pleaded guilty, showed remorse and had suffered 'difficult' upbringings themselves. Well, I'm sorry - if they had suffered abuse or had come from broken homes - how the hell does that excuse what they did? It should have made them more aware of the damage that it can do and not allowed them to get away with a suspended sentence.

Just sometimes, I have to question the justice system in this country...