Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So Nervous!

I had an interview today for a supervisor of a community pre-school....I got the job and now have to hand in my notice from the job that I have been in for 5 and a half years!!! I am excited but feel really really sad at the same time! (as well as extremely nervous of the reaction!!)

I wanted to say thank you, because its only from reading posts like Carolyn's and Shelly that got me thinking, that yes I can do something about being miserable and just because my present job is 2 mins away and in the grounds of my children's schools, it doesnt mean I have to stay there!!!!

Jenni xx

That's brilliant news about your new job - well done you!

Work takes up such a big part of our lives that it is so important to be happy - especially when children are involved.

When are you handing your notice in?

Remember I'm only 30 mins away of you fancy a chat over a coffee - 15 mins if we meet half way!!

Well done from me too, having just been through the process, I handed my notice in after 6 years and have been in my new job for 5 weeks, it has been great and I hope it is for you.

It id really difficult thing to do isn't it? But I am sure you gain experience and confidence every time you go through these things in life, the worst feeling for me was feeling like I was letting people down, you have to be a tad selfish and think about yourself, good luck.

Congratulations for getting the new job. :D

As others have said, if you are unhappy then it is best for you, the children AND your current work colleagues. We are all on different journeys and sometimes we come to crossroads and have to make decisions whether to carry on along the same road or turn off to new routes. Let your current employers know that they have been a valued part of your journey so far. It is your past experiences that have made you able to achieve your new position.

Let us know how the new job goes. :D

Peggy

Change is difficult particularly after five and a half years. You were obviously the right person for the job otherwise it would have been readvertised!

What a wealth of experience you will bring. to your new setting. Lucky them!

Lynn

Thank you for all you best wishes, I handed my notice in on Friday. There have been tears from staff and parents (which is very flattering but not helping on the guilt front!!!). My Supervisor told me that she wants me to supervise the group from September when she wants to step down and take on a committee/director role! This has just served to confuse me!!! My hubby says that if I take on the Supervisor role I will have all the issues I have now but be responsible for all of them!! As the pre-school has a 90K loan, I wont be able to change the things I dont like etc!!

I am very confused, feel terribly guilty and feel stressed out! But I think I am making the right choice, moving to a smaller group which has heavy parental input/support and pays more!!!!! (I think!!)

Jenni x

xD-->

QUOTE(Jenni B @ Apr 25 2007, 18:40) 92283[/snapback]
Thank you for all you best wishes, I handed my notice in on Friday. There have been tears from staff and parents (which is very flattering but not helping on the guilt front!!!). My Supervisor told me that she wants me to supervise the group from September when she wants to step down and take on a committee/director role! This has just served to confuse me!!! My hubby says that if I take on the Supervisor role I will have all the issues I have now but be responsible for all of them!! As the pre-school has a 90K loan, I wont be able to change the things I dont like etc!!

I am very confused, feel terribly guilty and feel stressed out! But I think I am making the right choice, moving to a smaller group which has heavy parental input/support and pays more!!!!! (I think!!)

Jenni x

I agree with you :o .

Jenny, think about how you actually felt when you plucked up the courage to hand over the resignation letter.

Now think about taking it back.

Enough said?? :o

Stay strong xD