Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School First Aid V Early Years First Aid

A number of our staff need their first aid renewing. The school that we are forming a partnership Foundation Stage Unit with are in the same situation. We thought it would be good to combine the training, but the school usually have St. Johns ambulance give a first aid for schools training on an INSET day, which they are unsure if it is alright for the pre-school staff, as it is not the Early Years First aid course, but a school one. It seems a bit mad :o to me though as we are setting up a FSU so both sets of staff will be looking after the same children. What do school nurseries do, or other FSUs do?

I'm not sure about that one. I know when I was a teacher we did the First Aid for Schools on an INSET day, and I've recently done the Early Years First Aid with St JOhn's Ambulance.

I know I certainly found that latter much more appropriate, and certainly comprehensive. Also it was 2 full days.

Interested to read this. We are a foundation Stage funded in the morning and the F2's go into a k.s.1 room p.m We now have an afternoon club looking after a few of the younger children. They are doing loads of stuff relating to the national standards and have recently done a first aid in school with our other T.A. s I think it was a St John's ambulance. I've never heard of a different one for early years

Hello,

I had a valid First Aid certificate that I did with the rest of the school staff (6hr) but had to do a 12 hour course only last month. It covered a little bit more about children but that was about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)