Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leaving Old Job, Starting New

Just wanted to share with you the lovely banner that I was given when I left my preschool at the end of term. I hope my attachment of the photo works....

post-3880-1176931761_thumb.jpg

One of the mums made it by drawing round all the children's hands (64 all together including some who left 4 or 5 years ago that she tracked down) cutting them out of fabric, embroidering their names on and making this banner to say "Thank you Carolyn".

I start my new job (Portage home visitor - see my previous post) on Monday. I am looking forward to it but it was sad to say goodbye to all the children, parents and staff at the preschool.

Carolyn

WOW, what a lovely leaving present, it must have taken ages to make. :)

Haven't read your other post yet but good luck with your new job and lets us know how you get on, won't you.

Peggy

p.s. well done, photo attachment skills accomplished :D

I thought I was holding it all together really well on my last day. Then I was ushered into the other room, all the children gave me a flower, the mums had laid on cake and coffee then when I saw the banner I just lost it. As you said, Peggy, must have taken ages to make. I was also given garden vouchers by the parents and a beautiful Japanese Maple tree by the staff.

Thank you all for the good wishes. I will let you know how I get on with my new job.

Carolyn