Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Surprise Surprise

My friend phoned me last night and asked if i fancied a day at the park today. What a lovely idea so packed a picnic lunch for me and Samantha and we all set off to the park.

This entails walking past my nursery and as i did i find that the whole of the nursery - children, staff and their parents were waiting to throw me a surprise 40th birthday party.

After getting over the shock of it all i had the most wonderful and memorable day ever, children running up for cuddles, placing home made cards in my hands, and i now have a house that looks like a florist, some older children who are now at school (some in year 3) were there and it was great to catch up with them, it was lovely and relaxing.

I was surrounded in a shower of childrens arms it was indescribable really, when it was time for the cake to my surprise a cake was produced for Samantha too (we share our birthday) which i thought was a lovely thoughtful gesture.

its a day full of memories that i will treasure for the rest of my life.

and we do it all again tomorrow with the family at our planned party x

I know it is a good job i could make the picnic but i think plan B was to tell me the alarm was ringing or something along that lines to get me there.

i have to add how proud i was of Samantha today. it can be difficult to take her to social gatherings especially with so many small children present, she's not really very tolerant of little children and she struggles to cope with crowded noisy places, but today she was relaxed and ok around the little ones which meant i could relax and enjoy the day too.

thankyou so much everyone for your birthday wishes.

Guest Wolfie

That's just a surprise of the best kind isn't it - you must be very highly thought of! Belated birthday wishes from me too! :)

Sounds like a fab day, and often these gestures make up for all the time and effort you put in and you just know that what you re doing is wrthwhile - you deserved a birthday suprise - hope you got some piccies.

Nikki

Ah, how very lovely, glad to hear your daughter enjoyed her birthday too.

and life really does begin at 40 .........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Peggy

and life really does begin at 40 .........couldnt agree more Peggy :D

Only just seen this so I'm really late in wishing you a very happy birthday. What wonderful friends you have. :D

Thanks everyone for your wishes we both had a lovely birthday cannot believe my Samantha is 23 let alone that i have hit the big 40 (only seems like yesterday she was a tiny baby and i was just a slip of a girl :o ) the family came round and we had a little party i do feel very lucky to have such a good family and some great friends and i am very lucky to work where i do x