Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Did You Know?

Did you know that for just £6 you can give 100 children a school dinner which encourages them to go to school and learn? If you log into the Oxfam website here you can find out how to help children all over the world.

My daughter bought me a goat and an animal care pack for my birthday today and I wonder how many of us on this forum could help children around the world. Just have a think about it.

Will definately be sponsoring a teacher some time this year.

Linda

Just think-for £72 a year you could give 1200 children a school meal. And that would mean that they were in school and learning-not a great deal realy.

Linda

great Linda!. We always buy these sorts of things, most often at Christmas, last year we bought school uniforms for children in Zambia. Obviously having lived there and seen for ourselves, I always try to pick projects based there. Its amazing what difference a school uniform means (or a meal as you say Linda), because education is not free in the sense we think it here. Schools do not provide materials eg books pencils pens etc, they must be provided by the family, and even though a uniform costs very little by our terms, its a lot of money if your family income is say £20 a month. I have seen first hand what difference projects like these make and especially to girls.

I have bought and been bought several of these types of things in the last few years. I always really appreciate them, particularly as I have most things I could possibly need or want already! :)

Guest sqpeg

I should imagine between our family we have sponsered at least one farm by now! We also send money for a little lad, whos mother was killed, to have an education. I think alot of people do this sort of thing, once its talked about someone knows or is - great.