Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are You Having A Good Easter Break?

Well I had a busy day on Sunday, we went to Keswick the lake district. :D We it was busy with lots of people, quite a few dogs around. And I kept triping over dogs, yes I mean dogs not people. xD:o Apart from that its been a quiet weekend.

Beth

Guest Wolfie

Oh we went there for the day too! We had a extremely delicious lunch and bought some walking boots for my husband who is doing a 40 mile overnight walk in June!!

Just back from the footy......come on you Wolves!! :o

Hello all, arrived back from Barbados on Saturday 7:30am (british time) after an 8 hour flight!.

We had a fantastic time, really chilled out, I didn't think of work or study for a whole 10 days. :D The resort did have internet access and I was momentarily tempted to log onto FSC but resisted with a Banana Zakery ( Rum, Banana shake xD )

Weather was actually overcast and rain for most of the time, :( but this didn't stop the suntan ( even with factor 50) or me dancing in the rain at the beach parties.!! The last two days the skies cleared and the sun was scorching.

Enjoyed a 4 X 4 tour of the Island, swimming with turtles, reef fishing, snorkeling and partying.

I've had my hair braided with beads which I hope to keep in until I return to work on the 16th.

A very luxurious yaught anchored just by the beach, we think it may belong to raoyal family as Prince Harry was visiting the Island whilst we were there. (see pic)

Hubby enjoyed a day out on a charter boat and caught Dorado and Wahi Wahi fish ( excuse spelling) 19 fish in total. :o

Jetlag has taken it's toll since arriving back, or maybe it's the continued holiday mode at our local pub. Easter Egg hunt with grandson who was also really excited with his holiday present, a small bag filled with Barbados coins. Weather grea here in Kent. We had our back garden done whilst we were away and came back to a totally non-gardener friendly beautiful slabs which cover the whole area. All I need to do now is set up the trampoline again. :D

Now all I need to do is catch up with 10 days of missed posts. :D , start my degree work, and get ready for the new term.

Peggy

Peggy

post-3604-1176137343_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1176137436_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1176137757_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1176137837_thumb.jpg

Guest Wolfie

Hang on, don't I know you from somewhere....?!?!

Welcome back Peggy - you've been missed! The photos look really good, glad you've had a good break! You have actually missed a little bit of good weather here too!! :D

I don't know Wolfie, do you ??? I Used to travel the country as an Accreditation Assessor (PLA) a few years ago :o

Yes, great weather enjoyed a lovely sunny breakfast in my 'new' garden this morning.

Peggy

We've been choosing wedding invitations today - and amazingly haven't disagreed once!

My mum is excited as she has been single for over 9 years, and has her first boyfriend since my dad died - so she now has someone to take to the wedding!

Who's giving you away Shelley 1 ? My dad died 2 years prior to my wedding and my twin brother was proud to do the honours.

Nice to hear the news about your mums new fella and that there were no arguments about invites. :o

Peggy

apart from the dreaded puzzle.... :o

sorted out spare room ready for in law coming to stay.

visit to charity shop to give items from spare room no longer wanted......

loft been a bit de cluttered (2 year clear out point old habits die hard moved frequently until here!)

visit to charity shop to give items from spare room no longer wanted......

spring clean the cars and wash them..

Paint deck and fences...

time with hubby and son...

planting in garden.....

puzzle.... xD

shopping ......

walk along sea front..

meal at seafront restaurant....

and amongst that a bit of cooking....

plus first BBQ of the season.....leg of lamb at weather was so good....

and lots more ... look forward to work now :(

Inge

I've had a bit of a strange holiday so far!

Had to 'Granny-sit' as my parents, who Gran lives with, are in Barbados-Peggy great to see your photos, wish I could have gone with them! :o

Have manged to do some shopping :D have a facial xD and catch up with friends.

Oh! and have started the puzzle tonight. At this moment the OH is trying to work out the magazine map!! :(

OH is now on holiday so who knows what adventures the week has to hold!

Ahhh... Tuesday morning, husband back to work, son and guest still sleeping!!! The long week end over & done with but what a long week end it has been, we are all worn out!

We manged to do all we had planned, the jet sking was great fun but really cold ( like you could see your breath!!!), meal at my out laws was going well untill my 13 year old son was being very rude in front of his mate and created one of those moments when you wish the ground would open up and you could just disapear. The chinese was great ten of us went, loads of grub and drink and lots of laughs even when..... the waiter quite a sweet guy came to the table to shread the duck ( which i am pleased to say i do not eat at all) and dribbled on to the edge of the plate xD the whole table had seen this and as we all had been on the chinese beer all of us just laughed & laughed untill we all had tears rolling down our faces. Needless to say the duck did not get eaten. But who would belive that a table of ten people could just roll about laughing and not one of us was in a fit state to return the food!! Still it was a all you can eat resturant so we moved on to the mains quite quickly!! Yesterday my family came over lots of little ones playing in the garden looking for the easter eggs, a great family get together to finish off the week end well!! Back to paper work now :o

Hope you all had fun !!

Well my weekend was boring but after reading yours Lesley it was mega boring!!!I knew cos of the weather my hubby and sons would be busy on the farm but sadly a neighbouring farmer had a stroke on thursday so they all rallied round and did his sowing too!So apart from taking the bagging out to them all I was on my own and they were all too tired to enjoy our usual easter dinner :o But anyway its all done now and I have a holiday at whit to look forward too! :D ,I did enjoy Sound of Music yesterday mind!Scoffing my choccy,back on the diet today!!!! :D