Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mirrored Tuff Spot

HI all,

I ordered a mirrored tuff spot a while ago and from the item description it looked like the mirror was permenantly i place, anyhow it arrived and it was just a normal tuff spot with a mirrored insert to just lie in the tuff spot... All children did was pull it out....

so just wondering has anyone come across a mirrored tuff spot where the mirrored part is permenantly attatched to the tuff spot?

Dawn

I can understand it being disappointing

Can't you just glue the insert into the bottom permanently or is there some reason this will not work?

I ordered that too. Very deceiving I thought.

Yes very decieving indeed, we are sending it back, to be honest the company messed us around loads so we are being stubborn and sending it back, it certanly didn't match the description on the internet

Hi Dawn,

I was really disappointed too, and felt the catalogue didn't explain it properly. To make matters worse, I glued the mirror in place with PVA, and when it dried, it stained the mirror and completely ruined it :o

Hi Dawn,

I was really disappointed too, and felt the catalogue didn't explain it properly. To make matters worse, I glued the mirror in place with PVA, and when it dried, it stained the mirror and completely ruined it :o

Ah, what a shame, well ours is definetly going back. It would be nice if sonmeone would make a mirrored tuff spot where the mirror was actually a permeanant part fo it. Also different coloured tuff spots would be lovely too :D

I looked at getting a mirror thing for my tuff spot but looking at this I am glad I didn't. They do tuff spots in blue and green as well as black. On the subject of mirrors why are the safety mirrors so expensive, has anyone found a good one that doesn't sort of go misty or scratch really easily. They all seem to not last for long or is that me.

Nikki

We bought a rol of mirrored "sticky back plastic" and it has gone cloudy. the children don't seem to notice it though. did think of buying it and putting it at the bottom of the tuff spot tray but was wary on houw it would wear. don't know what to do!!!

HI.

where do you get blue or green ones from?

Dawn

I looked at getting a mirror thing for my tuff spot but looking at this I am glad I didn't. They do tuff spots in b ue and green as well as black. On the subject of mirrors why are the safety mirrors so expensive, has anyone found a good one that doesn't sort of go misty or scratch really easily. They all seem to not last for long or is that me.

Nikki

Guest HelenW

Can I ask where you get the coloured tough spots from, thats a great idea and it would look so much better. I used mirror on a roll in mine, but it made a real mess trying to get it out once the mirror had got scratched and dull.

Thank You

Helen

I got my Tuff Spot through a Nursery Supply catalogue and was very disapointed with the mirror insert too. It has gone all cracked and you cannot see a clear reflection any more.

However if you go into places like Homebase and B&Q and go to the back section where the building materials are you will find different sized Tuff Spots much much cheaper than through catalogues, builders use them to mix cement in. You can also buy sticky backed mirror tiles.

Teri

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)