Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Questions On Framework

Is the new framework effective as from now? Does anyone know if we automatically get sent a copy or do we have to order it and will training be provided?

The new primary framework replaces the old literacy and numeracy frameworks from September 2007. The training is currently going out to lit and num coordinators in my LA - I presume the same in others. The new Early Years curriculum guidance is to be applied from Spetember 2008. Our LA has had one training session (before the documnet was actually out!)and we have 2 more sessions before the end of the summer term. Some LAs are doing the training during the next year, I think.

We have our primary frameworks CDRom and hard copy in school. I have orered the new EY curriculum guidance document but notrecieved it yet. I believe that they are being issued to LA and then distributed to school sthat way, but I may be wrong.

Edited by Guest

The new framework doesn't become compulsory until September 2008-so don't start changing anything just now. LEA's have been given guidelines about the training they have to give so hang on until you are contacted. In Stockport we are being given 3 copies per setting.

Linda

I understand there was a problem with the cd rom so they are being withheld while that is sorted. They are going to our LA to be distributed. LAs are gettinga briefing re delivery/training and we are not expecting our consultant training on it until next term. There's not really any major "new" stuff I think- it's just looking at the way that the three docs hahve been combined. The ELGs are still the same and the FSP is unchanged. I don't think you'll have too much to worry about really.

Definitely Sept 2008.

We should get sent them but they will be available to order soon from the DfES website. I'm not going to worry about it too much yet until the LEA's have sorted out their training. They've only just received their copies, so training may be a while.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)