Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Help Help

belle06

Hi all

I am in desparate need of help I am completing my course work for FD and need to fill in some forms which i have to download from the OU website. When i download them they automatically open in wordpad which does not format/present them how I need I really need them to open in Microsoft works but have tried cutting and pasting but this does not help as they paste in the same format as word. How can I change how they open the option does not come up when downloading is this something I can alter in the settings of the computer. Any help would be great...

Hi Michelle -

If you open the word processor for Works first, then do File/Open, it should open it up in the Works format - assuming it was actually saved in that format.

Don't have much experience of Works though, so don't have too much confidence before you try it! :)

Edit: Whoops - crossed with Marion. Her way is probably quicker as well!

Hi! It's a microsoft word document not works so doubtful it'll open in works..... I'd suggest downloading openoffice -

http://www.openoffice.org/

free word-like shareware, never had a problem with it (except it's a little slow) and it takes word and excel and reads them, then you convert them back

Sarah :)

Try saving to your computer

Then before opening it right click then "open with" and it should list Microsoft works

If not click on choose default programme

Worked on mine

Jo

Took me an hour to download but the programme Sarah suggested has worked perfectly. many thanks to you all for your help and suggestions no excuse not to crack on with the work now. Once again Thanks.. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)