Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Starting To Pack Up My Things

HI

well i move out on saturday, i am just about starting to pack up my things, feeling a bit sad, yet hugely excited too.....

seems i don't have much stuff to pack yet!, mind you haven't yet got to the wardrobe LOL so could be a fair few boxes yet... wondering how me and my possessions are going to fit in a room smaller than the one i occupy now :o

so yeah, im exited but sad, feels like tears are welling in me which is daft, i mean i am only moving ten minutes down the road, but for all the incidences when i don't get on with my family i know i will miss them loads.... Ill miss mum doing the washing and ironing (tut tut naughty i know, but she is so efficient and does it before i get to it honest!), i will also miss our chats. i will miss my little sister waking me at some ungodly hour, with a smile and begging to play. i will miss my other sister, we always bicker at one another but we love each other really, and my brother.. i am just about starting to get on with him and now im going.... I will miss them all.....

it feels a big step, yet equally its one i want.... (i think anyway!!!!)

no internet access at new place unless landlord is kind enough to let me tap into his wireless network.... but i will be around weekends as i will come back home to use internet (and of course visit family LOL)...

okay back to packing

Dawn

Good Luck Dawn, hope it works out well for you and hope you and your family aren't too sad...you'll have to go back to mum's for your tea as a treat!

Good luck Dawn, your post made me remember leaving home, it is hard isn't it, I had a lump in my throat reading it, all the best, we are with you all the way. :)

a week with no forum gossip..... it'll be like going cold turkey (only joking!!)

I know you will miss your family but on the plus I know I get on with my brothers so much better now we dont live in the same house.

all the best with the move and dont be a stranger to the forum (have a word with your land lord about wireless!!)

Gosh no weekly internet access!!!

:o I know how will i cope, thinking of booking myself into therapy to cope with the withdrawal symotoms LOL xD:( Shall definetly be having word with landlord re wireless, failing that Dad's house is on the way home from work so i can call in there if withdrawal symptoms are too much, hee hee hee :(

Dawn :(

Good luck Dawn but also lots of love to your mum xxx

Both my lovely children moved out and back and out again

my daughter is just about to move into her own place soon

give your mum an extra cuddle cos she might moan about you but she will really miss you too

enjoy Dawn

Jo xx

Thinking of you (and your mum!)

When I moved from Ipswich to Huddersfield I did it by going on holiday and then going back to my then boyfriends (now hubby) rather than going home, so I had a car load of holiday stuff and moving things as well!My poor mum!

However, I think that it has brought us closer together and it's certainly better for my mum and sister now she has moved out too, as they are far too similar and clashed when they were under the same roof - we all have a fantastic relationship now (even though I'm 200 miles away!)

Good luck with your independence Dawn! Don't forget, if you don't get on with it, I'm sure your Mum will always have you back! (That's if no one's pinched your bedroom!)

Dawn, as hard as it might be, see it as an opportunity to have a good old clear out. I often think about moving house purely to get rid of the clutter. xD

Hope all goes well. You'll have to invite your mom round for a girly evening and if she's anything like mine, she'll move all your ornaments around while you've got your back turned :o

SuzanneW had good advice - no sooner had our daughter moved out than her room was purloined as an office!!!

Poor girl can't come back now, even if she wanted to!! She can't even sleep in the bath, because it's just turned into a walk-in shower!!!

PS, be happy

Sue :o