Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ho Hum

So, still at home, still off work, still got a sore ankle.

Totally fed up of it all. I feel like such a loser, not able to even go for a walk to the shops.

I miss work, I miss people!

Not much point to this, but there we go.

Yeah, spoke to my head yesterady who was lovely and rang up just to see how I was as Joe had just dropped off my latest sick note for this week.

I'm waiting on the results of my Xray that I had last monday, but other than that it's just rest and a little hobbling around for now! Very frustrating.

I know exactly how you feel Nichola having been stuck at home since January. Up until last week I couldn't go anywhere unless someone took me and I have to say I am starting to hate these four walls. I miss school I miss the people I work with and I miss the children........(I also missed OFSTED and feel incredibly guilty still although we got the final report today and it says provision in the Foundation Stage is very good :D )

Hope you are soon back on your feet and feeling better :D

Thanks guys. Marion I don't know how you've managed that long at home.

Beth, luckily I'm in Manchester, but dunno if they are any better!

Gosh - missing work!! I know what you mean though - it is hard to be away from things for a long time.

Still, rest up and take care, and get yourself well again.

Good news about Ofsted.

Nichola, I hope you make a speedy recovery. I have been off since I had a knee op last Wednesday and willbe off until after Easter now. Day time TV is not to be recommended! I have been reading lots of stuff on the internet and am itching to get back into classroom. Keep that foot up!

Sorry you're still not on your feet. I hope you get offered physio. My son damaged his collar bone at the start of Feb and just 3 weeks later there was mucsel (last attempt at spelling the silly word) wastage. If you're not offered it, ask for it.

The joys of daytime TV :D:D

Thanks everyone.

Today I got my referral for my visit to the hospital for further tests on my heart that caused my hospitalisation 2 weeks ago. Sadly it's not for 8 weeks, so rather frustrating but at least I have a date.

Well I guess I'm not in a rush as such, the beta blockers are helping but you'd just think that it would be a little quicker. Frustrating, definately!

I supose you can take heart (sorry, not a pun) in the fact that if there was something to seriously worry about the appointment would be much much sooner. You now have time to read all the books you wished you'd read and watch all the films you wished you'd watched. :D

No I don't Rea, I'm not signed off because of my heart, if it wasn't for my ankle I'd have been back at work as soon as I'd caught up on all my sleep from not sleeping in hospital!

I'm hoping that my ankle will be better asap so I can get out and about again.

Gutted. I went to the GPs today, my GP wasn't there so saw another one, who was very nice. My Xrays still hadn't come back so she was going to chase those later today. If they come back as no breaks then she said she'll get me a referral to the physio department. If there is a break then I'll have to go to the fracture clinic. She signed me off for 2 weeks and said I doubt you'll be ready after those 2 weeks, but you never know. She wrote down the name of some gel to use on my ankle (cheaper to buy it than get it on prescription) so I'll be doing that 3 times a day.

It just seems to keep getting worse.