Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Meet Up @ Education Show

beth1

Ok I will start this tread and maybe the others will had to it later on. :D I know you all would like to know how it went. :D

Well 5 of us met up: Rea, Sue R, Mundia, Susan and Beth1(myself). Unforunatey we didn't see Shelley1, hope you had fun anyway. Rea and myself met in the feature/seating area which turned out to be just an area for workshops. :oxD We waited for a while, we went for a walk when Sue R rang Rea so we went to met the rest in a resturant.

We sat down for a while for a chat then we went and walked around the early years area of the show. Then Rea and myself went up to an area to try and get something for me. Well what I was looking for was not there they had ran out. So we went back to where we split but Mundia + co were nowhere to be seen, so we looked around the show thogether. After a while we met back up, had another chat sat down in an area. By this time it was time for me to have a quick look around before heading back to the other side of the building. So I don't know what happened after that surely the others will add more details.

Beth

Hi

was the show worth going to then I am looking at getting a coach load of my staff up there next year. was going to try and do it this year but left it a little too late and had been told by a couple of people that it was not worth going. And that it is only really any good if you are specifically going to buy rescources. What did you all think?

The show was worthwhile depending on what you go for I suppose. I thought it was a smaller than last year, especially the EY bit. I bought some odds and ends that I'd kind of had in mind to buy and some ideas of resources to make. I find it an interesting day but I can see how people could find it otherwise. :D

It was lovely being able to put a face to names. Sorry to have missed others, next year I'll give my mobile no. so we can find each other, if you want to of course :o

Hope everyone enjoyed it, has money left to pay the rent and isnt too foot/shoulder sore. :D

I didn't get into the car park until 10:45.

I spent the first few aisles trying to look at stands and at people's name badges, but decided to give up!!

I expect I passed you all.

I know I got my toes run over by a few of those bags/trollies on wheels!

Hi Shelley, sorry to have missed you then!

I didnt manage to get everything I was after as the people werent there! Definitely smaller than previous years (well the last 2) when Ive been but from a social point of view very worthwhile! Also very cramped in the early years section.

Nice to have met you Beth.

Well, definitely good to have met folk!! And renewed old friendships!

Have been teased mercilessly, and made to carry bags of freebies that weren't mine, by Manager and other staff, but all good natured, as they're used to me and the motley crew I have as friends (!! :o - there! you are now officially a 'motley crew'!)

But hope you all got home OK, with feet in good nick - most of you were intelligent and didn't wear new shoes - a mistake I haven't made since my teens, but just did! I have, you will be pleased to know (I hope!), made it home OK, still have two functioning feet, but will need to look into those motorised sit-in scooter things for next year, I think!

Sue

I have to say I wasn't impressed much either although I did come away with a new sparkly take home Beat Baby and some big counters (this is a long running joke within my school regarding the BIG counters, I even had a conversation with Sally Featherstone about them..oh how sad I must be). It has definitely got smaller over the years, it used to fill 3 halls now only one, but it was good to meet up with fellow forumees (or whatever we call ourselves, certainly not motley thanks Sue)

Hi all, i didnt think the education show was as good as previous years but still worth a nose...have to say tho it does make u feel quite depressed that u havent got a never ending pot of money!! I saw so many things i would love but dont have the funds! Ah well maybe i'll win the lottery for next year...hang on if i did do that, i'd be sunning myself in my caribbean hideaway not goin to have me feet run over with trolley weilding vultures at the sweetcounter stand at the NEC in Brum!

Catherine xxx

Oh cathy, it was probably me then running over your feet with my trolley, although I couldn't sharpen my elbows quite enough to manage the sweetcounter (for the uninitiated thats nothing to do with sweets!!)

Marion, the BIG counters were elsewhere, but I have a bit of a passion for them as I have never seen them in any of the catalogues, and being such a sad person, I bought even bigger BIG counters this year..

well you are in luck marion as they do have website, and no Im not on a commission (hmm maybe I should be...)

www.the-education-shop.co.uk

I bought the opaque ones this year as well, which I can use on my light box (which I haven't got yet) and also the children will just like looking through them!

Hi cathy! The vultures got me more moving around - I had many heart-stopping moments I can assure you (I have a habit of dislocating my hip, so they were VERY heart-stopping!) Mundia, it was more the suitcases on wheels than your type!

Thank you Susan - yes they are quite nice, aren't they, probably will be very comfy next time I wear them, with an initiation like that! :(

My lot could scare up freebies from Hell! (maybe we wouldn't want those :o ), and there were 5 of them for it, as well! - should have been six, but I was busy elsewhere xD

Sue

Glad you all had a good time!

It sounds like the exhibitions are all having problems and reducing size and content. I have found the Manchester one has got smaller and smaller over the past 2/3 years. I still manage to spend money though and get some good ideas.

Linda