Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Filling In My Headcount Form For Next Term....

Hi. Just filling in my headcount form for next term so I can claim our funding and for the first time ever in my 12 years at Nursery we are 97% full!!! We seem to have had new children coming out of the woodwork this month, considering in January we were really worried we didn't have enough children and I currently have an enforced day off and work one day voluntarily (only paid 3 sessions that is). I am pleased, but very aware of what hard work next term is going to be with 20 x 2 to 5 year olds each day!

Considering the birth rate was supposed to be continuing to drop in our area I am pleased we're full..... what about you. What are your numbers looking like?

Guest Wolfie

Maybe the birth rate is finally on the up?!? I know that the "lack of children" in last two years has caused a lot of problems (amongst other things :o ) for a lot of childcare providers across the country. Let's hope that there are easier times ahead for everyone! :)

Guest MaryEMac

At the moment we only work 4 mornings and 1 afternoon a week but from September we will be opening at least 3 afternoons as well as mornings. There is so much building going on in our village and you can virtually guarantee that at least half of the buyers will have children.

In the past three weeks I have had 3 mums with 4yr olds asking for places and I have found it hard to magic places out of thin air.

Talking of the headcount form, when I received mine I realised that 6 children had been left off from my original spring headcount. That's about £1300 worth. Luckily when I rang they got out my paperwork and found my form, so they are sending the funding asap. Pheww. (thought my payrise was disappearing fast!!) :o

Mary

We are full and have been since half term-the same last year. It's good in many ways but I have had to turn away 8 children with late birthdays which is a shame.

Does anybody else have lots of boys at the moment? On Tuesday we had 28 children, 21 of them were boys!!! It was such hard work!

Linda

in our area seems to be mostly girls this year!!! often sessions of 12 girls to 4 boys and the new children are all girls too...

large groups of girls are still hard work, just different way, ours seem to all want it their own way, no compromise or sharing or turn taking and cry is it doesn't happen! or boss the other around to try to get their own way.

Inge

I have to say Inge the boys are just the same! They are whinging and whining all the time, they won't share or take turns and they bicker. I feel like such a nag some days-even in the nicest way.

Can't wait for the Easter break.

Linda

only go in for occasional sessions as I have been off since xmas , so have only really seen it all as an observer , really gives insight into the dynamics of the group and who is causing more upset than others, must say our girls can certainly sulk if hey don't get it their own way,

I don't usually generalise or stereotype but this term as an observer has really made me see the difference, or is it just because there are so many girls it seems that way

role play in our group is really strong at the moment, very constructive and real stories being acted out often with whole group so there is some positive in the play

Inge

I was only thinking that children are so pampered lately and have so many material things they expect it now :o If a child has something they want it! Its no longer just christmas and birthdays a child is treated,it is so sad! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)