Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gingerbread Man

Does anybody have a CLL activity based around the story of the Gingerbread man, that they wouldn't mind sharing with me. Last minute activity thrown at me. Brain dead after all my PEP reading, (different thread) :o

Thanks lots in advance!

LOL, sorry, never thought of it as scary!

Had one of these dolls when I was younger! The ones with the big fat belly!

oooh now I made a story sack for this story and used some laminated pictures - hopefully that's what I've attached!!!

There's the obvious making gingerbread, acting out the story... could make their own book of the story, could have large gingerbread man shapes with patterns on to follow, retelling teh story, joining in with repeated refrain, changing the story's end er........

ETA now I've seen what I've attached it's not what I thought!

Try again

post-4509-1173038432_thumb.jpg

gingerbread_man_story_cards.doc

Gingerbread_man.doc

You could try a 'my man can' zig zag book. They draw their pics of gbm doing what ever it is and can write: 'my man can run' etc on the page, differentiated version is to write the My man can bit and they write initial, initial/final phoneme of the word they want to express. Another firm favourite when we do the topic is to make a book using positional language - after exploring this in PE and outdoor climbing equipment etc. The children attach a gbm on a string (pre cut for them to decorate or if they are able with scissors let them make their own) they then draw a story map and explain where he went eg He hopped out of the oven, went out of the door, under the gate, along the road, over a hill, behind a tree, etc.....usually ends up with on the fox and SNAP! They then fix the man on with a piece of orange wool and love to retell the story manouvering him through their pics. :) For MA and LA children we encourage labelling with initial or initial/final phonemes and we scribe too.

AOB

LOL, sorry, never thought of it as scary!

Had one of these dolls when I was younger! The ones with the big fat belly!

but the eyes move the expression on the face does not , bit like in a horror movie when the doll takes over by coming to life!

BTW - Gingerbread man, you cold always have him escape from the oven and leave a meessage as to where he can be found next, sort of treasure hunt, have seen it done in a school where other classes and teacher were involved, and children wrote or drew own clues at the end.

Inge

wouldn't like to see that on a dark night (sorry you probably love her) BUT at least the eyes don't move!

really freaks me a bit these dolls with a life of their own, as you may guess not a horror fan at all!! give me a good sci fi / fantasy any day.

Inge

Edited by Inge

thanks alot for those ideas guys!

Love the Tiny Tears by the way. My son used to be terrified by the girls world head owned by his sister. I had to cover it up at night or he wouldn't sleep in the room. (they shared a room when they were 3&4)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)